Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my oil myself for the second oil change (had the dealer do the first). I can't believe how easy it was. Did some searches on this site and found out all was needed was a ratchet, HD filter wrench, swivel and 6 inch extension. Had it done in less than 30 minutes. The total cost to me was $61 ($52 for five quarts of mobil-1 20w-50 synthetic for V-Twins and $9 for the HD filter wrench). The dealer cost was well over $100. Will be doing it myself from now on. Pic below>>>

And yes I did it inside and I didn't spill a drop.:D

·
Chad
263 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:them: Love the pic, sent it to the wife and got an immediate response, not a good one...

Yep, I can guess what she said.:D I do a lot of my bike maintenance inside, because I don't have a garage and it gets too hot or cold to do things outside in my driveway most times. Also, I can watch tv, get on the computer and ect while I work. I just try to be real careful when I do things like oil changes, that would be a real mess if things went wrong.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Truth be told, if I were still single, I would probably do the same thing. :notworth:

You may want to consider getting a nice new drip tray (or whatever they call them) to put under the bike when you do the oil changes on the carpet. :D

Phatass

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truth be told, if I were still single, I would probably do the same thing. :notworth:

You may want to consider getting a nice new drip tray (or whatever they call them) to put under the bike when you do the oil changes on the carpet. :D

Phatass
Word. The drip trays are about $1.75 at Wal-Mart for 7 quarts. I'll probably buy a new one at every oil change to keep em fresh and new.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts