Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 07 last year in september from a guy who got it from a guy so all I know about it is it is stock other than holes drilled in the mufflers and someone put on lots of miles on it. I am currently working on doing the valve lash but getting there both breather hoses leaked alot. The rear was split open and someone put electrical tape around it. Here is a pic of the top of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was figuring on rotating the crankshaft with a 36mm impact socket I have for doing wheel bearings but the socket wall is too thick. Do you guys use the H-D tool to turn the engine over or is there something else I could use?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
the marks on the cams are normal.the lash will be ok.the plugs look ok.the tensioners are operated by oil pressure.be sure to verify cam timing if you have dissasembled.use antisieze on those threads after cleaning.use a torque wrench.only turn crank anti clockwise.turn over until you see inlet valves close then use top end cleaner such as the ac delco product and spray into inlets to disslodge gunk.remove with suction gun,or compressed air , and repeat until clean.remove plugs,turn engine over, to ensure you have no crap in engine to prevent damage.after running, an oil change wont hurt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts