Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive talked to james today from zippers for about 45 minutes... he asked me to forward these instructions to all! (these are setup instructions per james after install and initialization of the t-max on a v-rod)

FIRST AND FOREMOST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL UPDATED SOFTWARE AND THE FIRMARE ON YOUR MODULE!!!

1. Install base map number 548 (stage 1 map for 1250) OR map number 546 (stage 1 map for 1130)
INSTALL D&D MAP ONLY IF YOU HAVE A D&D FAT CAT PIPE!

2. go to CONFIGURE > CLOSED LOOP MODULE SETTINGS

3.FOR THE 1250CC... In lower right hand corner you will see MAXIMUM CLP OFFSETS (MAP). now make sure it reads MAX SESSION (MAP) 10%... and MAXIMUM (MAP) 25%.

FOR THE 1130CC... In lower right hand corner you will see MAXIMUM CLP OFFSETS (MAP). now make sure it reads MAX SESSION (MAP) 5%... and MAXIMUM (MAP) 20%.

4.Start bike cold and perform IAC AUTO

5. AFTER IAC AUTO is finished... RIDE AND ENJOY!

do not touch ANYTHING! DO NOT TOUCH ANY ADJUSTMENTS AT ALL! NOTHING!!!!!!!!! THIS BASE MAP WAS MADE FOR YOU! DONT TOUCH IT!

the v-rod can idle at this pre-set idle because it is under NEW FUEL MANAGEMENT!

As far as writting the learned fuel adjustments... do not do it at all until about 400 or 500 hundred miles. he told me he has only seen one bike EVER that maxed out its cells before then...

now if you have a bigger bore than stock or are running a turbo than YES you should do learned fuel adjustments as stated!

NO MORE TIPS AND TRICKS FROM OTHER FORUM MEMBERS...

JAMES aslo wants to stress that not every bike will act the same. some may run like a top after 50 miles some may take more like 200. but IT WILL WORK.

I have since cleared my own map out and started fresh with the stage 1 map i performed these instructions and after the 100 miles that i put on today i can say that it idles much smoother than before and i have already gotten rid of the 4k stumble that everyone was complaining about.

keep in mind that there are forum riders that are thrilled with this setup! the reason they dont post in this section much is because THEY ARE OUT RIDING AND ENJOYING THEMSELVES!:dance:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i think i installed d,d map cos it was the only 2-1 map where i was looking ,where i went there were 2 for 1250s and 2 for 1130ws ,did i go to the wrong place ,and for the record my bike is running fine , ,so im not sure if i really want to change it now,why is the d,d map only for d,d ,i have 2,1 bub 7 pipe

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i went to closed loop and the clp setting were at 5% and 20% so i have changed them to the 10 and 25 % ,,

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
load the stock base map - do not change anything and initialize and bring up to temp and ride..... I repeat do not change anything....

i went to closed loop and the clp setting were at 5% and 20% so i have changed them to the 10 and 25 % ,,

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
load the stock base map - do not change anything and initialize and bring up to temp and ride..... I repeat do not change anything....
yes exactly... just as james instructed me to show these critical instructions to everyone on the board...

this needs to be made a sticky.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,060 Posts
I've got to ask again after reading all of this. Will the base 1130 map be enough for someone that has installed SE heads, Jones 440 cams, and a 2-1 exhaust?

Thanks

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Greetings - you should run the stock base map...the 1130 base map will work great for your engine...

I've got to ask again after reading all of this. Will the base 1130 map be enough for someone that has installed SE heads, Jones 440 cams, and a 2-1 exhaust?

Thanks

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks
yes it is! you should start with the 546 map (1130cc stage one)

and since you have done headwork and cams you should do write learned fuel adjustments every 75 to 100 miles...

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE SETTINGS THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Clown OnBoard
658 Posts
3. In lower right hand corner you will see MAXIMUM CLP OFFSETS (MAP). now make sure it reads MAX SESSION (MAP) 10%... and MAXIMUM (MAP) 25%.
1130cc.
I've never touched mine and they read 10% and 20%
Still not changing.
Guess that means it will update more often or something

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Made it a sticky for any new Tmax owners so they don't make our mistakes.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
just a bit confused about one thing vrscdx105 ,you agree with sharkey dont change anything ,but do you still stay with what you said in the first post about changing the clp settings, cos that is something ???not being picky,i just dont want to stuff it up ,,,

thanks brett

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've never touched mine and they read 10% and 20%
Still not changing.
Guess that means it will update more often or something
im assuming you loaded the stage 1 map for the 1130cc...

the CLP values that are on that map are MAX SESSION 5% and MAX MAP 20%

however if it runs great dont touch it. did you ever change any of those values before?

AND JUST A NOTE TO ALL... JUST BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR THDude DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR VALUES. WHAT WORKS FOR ONE DOES NOT WORK FOR ALL.

just a bit confused about one thing vrscdx105 ,you agree with sharkey dont change anything ,but do you still stay with what you said in the first post about changing the clp settings, cos that is something ???not being picky,i just dont want to stuff it up ,,,

thanks brett

i apologize... i only posted up the CLP OFFSET values for the 1250cc motor... i have since changed my post to show the CLP OFFSET values for the 1130cc motor.

i would also like to say that i am not telling anyone to change their values... these CLP OFFSET values i posted are already set to that map. im just telling you to CHECK your CLP's to make sure they read what i have posted. JAMES said that those are the correct values for these applications. all that step is there for is for you to just DOUBLE CHECK IT

enjoy your ride.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
damn , i already changed it to 10 and 25 ,and installed it ,havent ridden it yet just done the intialise ,do i have to re do the whole lot again with the clp back to 5 and 20 or is there a shorter way

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Thanks for the updated info.
Let James know that this is what happens when you have a bunch of tinkerers asking questions of "The Company" and not getting timely answers..:stilpoke:
In all seriousness, this info is very helpful. Just wish James would be a little more involved or quicker to respond to us in the future. All of us have a shite load of money tied up into our bikes and hate it if they don't run perfect or damn close to it, so we turn to our peers for HELP!

·
Living Life
253 Posts
ive talked to james today from zippers for about 45 minutes... he asked me to forward these instructions to all! (these are setup instructions per james after install and initialization of the t-max on a v-rod)
Thanks for the info...
I Think I might just start over with mine too.

So, did you happen to ask him about the false fuel range issue everyone is having? :stilpoke: :)
I only wish I could get 300+ miles out of a fill up! :D

·
Clown OnBoard
658 Posts
All I've ever touched is the Speedo Cal.
My map is the same map I've been using since Beta Testing.

Ran IAC Auto today for the heck of it before I head out for another 240mile ride tomorrow to check the new speedo cal for the Metz 260.

im assuming you loaded the stage 1 map for the 1130cc...

the CLP values that are on that map are MAX SESSION 5% and MAX MAP 20%

however if it runs great dont touch it. did you ever change any of those values before?

AND JUST A NOTE TO ALL... JUST BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR THDude DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR VALUES. WHAT WORKS FOR ONE DOES NOT WORK FOR ALL.

i apologize... i only posted up the CLP OFFSET values for the 1250cc motor... i have since changed my post to show the CLP OFFSET values for the 1130cc motor.

i would also like to say that i am not telling anyone to change their values... these CLP OFFSET values i posted are already set to that map. im just telling you to CHECK your CLP's to make sure they read what i have posted. JAMES said that those are the correct values for these applications. all that step is there for is for you to just DOUBLE CHECK IT

enjoy your ride.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts