Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2502 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is my work in progress.
Hey Wick, where did you get the tank protector? Been thinking about getting one. Has it scratched any of the paint below it? I used to have one my my old 07 YZFR6 and when I took it off the tank was ruined because dirt got underneath and scratched it all up.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Hey Wick, where did you get the tank protector? Been thinking about getting one. Has it scratched any of the paint below it? I used to have one my my old 07 YZFR6 and when I took it off the tank was ruined because dirt got underneath and scratched it all up.
Gday Mate got it of American Ebay. There is a slight mark at the front edge when it is removed which so far polishes out I have had it on for 2 years and done 13500kms.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I got an HD on for sale if interested. PM me if you want more info. The whole reason I took it off was I didn't like the look of it. I bought my 07 used and it had it on there. There was some light scratches under it that would buff out no problem. I think if you take it off regualarly and clean it and under it you will be fine.

·
Fishmac
42 Posts
here is mine
How do you like your Bub 7? Does it have a good "rumble" to it? Have you seen / heard the V&H Indy? If so, how would you compare the two? The only aftermarket exhaust I've seen in person has been the Indy. I love the sound, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too much ... I dunno. I'm going to try to get some riding time next to / behind that 'F' with the Indy to get a better feel for it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For rjmoreland,
I have the Harley tank bra as well, and while I haven't ridden my bike much, I've had no issues with scratching the tank. I used to have tank bras on all my sport bikes, and never had issues there either. You DO have to keep on top of it, though, and check periodically to wipe off any accumulated gunk to prevent scratching. I'd rather have that, though, that certain deep scratches I'd get without having it there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My DX frolicking in a field

Some great shots!

These were taken in Ontario, near Ottawa, last summer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How do you like your Bub 7? Does it have a good "rumble" to it? Have you seen / heard the V&H Indy? If so, how would you compare the two? The only aftermarket exhaust I've seen in person has been the Indy. I love the sound, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too much ... I dunno. I'm going to try to get some riding time next to / behind that 'F' with the Indy to get a better feel for it.
It has great sound, deep rumble. The V&H Indy is a little louder, it might bother your ears ecspecially if you wear full face helmet.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great thread! Pics of mine to come once I get my mirrors!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My (not particularly interesting) '08 DX. It does have Kuryakyn Switchblades, and the mid-peg mod that was discussed at length not too long ago (THE best mod I've done to this thing!), Ghostrider Custom Mirrors and relocated front turn signals, black levers and Performance Machine grips, and I like the bag that sits on the luggage rack...REALLY expandable when needed! Now, I'd just like to dip the whole bike in black paint :)

·
Lets Ride!!
90 Posts
2009 Dx

My 2009 DX

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Guitarherd:

Who makes those grips you have? I really really like those.

41 - 60 of 2502 Posts