Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sergeant-at-Arms
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

and greetings from Finland! I am a new Harley-owner and a new user to this forum. Tried to search the forum but did not find relevant hits so here goes.

I got original footpegs installed in my 2008 DX and am experiencing annoying problem. Whenever riding over 65 mph the wind drag starts to lift the pivoted footpeg towards the bike. This doesn't happen when riding normally but for example when lifting the foot to change position.

My previous bike was a Jap sports bike and it had springs on the footpegs that held them down during rides. Harley's OEM pegs are constructed with lock ring thus I cannot just tighten the joint.

Any mods or replacement parts to help?

Best regards,

tigg3r

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
remove the foot peg and theres a "D" shaped piece of flat metal with a hole in he middle, take and bend the piece of metal just a little bit more so that it isn't "flat" then re-install, if you don't bend it enough you may have to do it again with more bend, if you bend it to much it won't go in with out a hammer. you will see when you take it off, its an easy fix and you should get some snap ring pliers to make it easier to remove the snap ring. BECAREFUL NOT TO LOOSE THE SNAP RING they are small and spring loaded so they'll go into orbit if you try to pry it off.

·
Sergeant-at-Arms
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll try that one as soon as I get back from holidays. 11 data without Harley now - I'm getting restless. Two more days to go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts