Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Months ago I replaced my stock clutch slave cylinder for the Oberon one and since then I have driven maybe 300 miles, but yesterday I noticed this tiny "puddle" of (brake) fluid. (photos below).

By seeing its location I cannot figure out from where it's coming. I don't see any streaks at all. could it be possible that is coming from the hose? the hose is torqued to specs, same (torque specs) for the cylinder itself.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Car

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exhaust

As usual, many thanks for your input!

~ja

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
It can be also engine oil. Maybe small amount spilled out when going to Oberon but is the o-ring ok there.

If it is really brake fluid it will start interfering clutch operation sooner or later when there is enough air in the actuator.

·
Registered
2013 VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies! Definitely not residual, I just noticed it after my last 2-3 rides, the Oberon has been installed many rides ago. I'm 90% is brake fluid because the liquid is translucent (in comparison the current oil color). :/

~ja

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Thanks for your replies! Definitely not residual, I just noticed it after my last 2-3 rides, the Oberon has been installed many rides ago. I'm 90% is brake fluid because the liquid is translucent (in comparison the current oil color). :/

~ja
Then it has to be the fitting going into the slave, air blowing it around. No way brake fluid can leak an be visible from the piston side of the slave, unless there's some weird porosity allowing fluid to track above the O ring at the metal to metal joint. I'd say, spray it all off, real clean all over and spray it with foot powder. Pull the clutch lever in and tape it to the grip. Look for the first wet spot to show up, as to where exactly it's coming from.
Ron

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Yes I meant Oberon o-ring if it is engine oil but if it is brake fluid it surely cannot come from piston side.

Could it be residual from the bleeding screw and is it tightened properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys,

Months ago I replaced my stock clutch slave cylinder for the Oberon one and since then I have driven maybe 300 miles, but yesterday I noticed this tiny "puddle" of (brake) fluid. (photos below).

By seeing its location I cannot figure out from where it's coming. I don't see any streaks at all. could it be possible that is coming from the hose? the hose is torqued to specs, same (torque specs) for the cylinder itself.

View attachment 611811
View attachment 611812

As usual, many thanks for your input!

~ja
Re-torque the pipe fitting. Back it off just a little first , then re - torque. Don't afraid to give it slightly more than the specified torque either

·
VRSC est -03
3,540 Posts
Still an issue? Remove the line for some closer inspection of the cone and housing.

Reactions: Paul.K
1 - 9 of 9 Posts