Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we got back from the Sun n' Surf run in Ocean Shores, WA. The weather was generally cooperative. It's well attended by a variety of vendors with food, leather, and most everything a growing biker needs.

This is one of the best organized events I've been to. It's a fundraiser for MDA. Over 5000 bikes showed but only about 800 people bothered to register which is a bummer. For less than $50, there was a ton of stuff to do.

I saw an a VRSCR, and a W in addition to my 02-A. Years ago this was a Harley only event, but now it's open to all comers as the objective is to raise funds for MDA. All types of bikes were represented, but the bias was definitely toward heavy iron.

I'm a CMA patch holder and was pleased that our CMA crew took 3 out of 4 first place trophies in the bike games.

This is the second year for me to go to this event and I can strongly recommend it as a family friendly place to spend a weekend whether you like to hotel or camp. See ya' next year!

Competitions
  • Ride-In Bike Show
  • Field Events (Slow Races, Weenie Bite, Balloon Toss, Ball Transfer)

Exibitions
  • "Team Extreme" BMX Stunts
  • Seattle Cossacks Motorcycle Drill Team
  • Tenino Drill Team

Rides
  • "Chuck Williams Memorial Parade" Hoquiam to Ocean Shores
  • "Russ Tom Memorial Light Parade"
  • On Site Poker Run w/50/50 (Must be Registered)

Christian Motorcyclists Events
  • Blessing of the Bikes
  • Church Service

Food
  • Vendor Booths
  • Salmon BBQ & Beer Garden (New)
  • Firemen's Breakfast

Evening Entertainment
  • "Arbor Heights Lounge Band"
  • "BOBBY FRISS BAND"
  • Drumming Circle on the beach
  • Fireworks
  • Bon Fire by Vancouver HOG Chapter

Fund Raisers
  • Door Prizes & Silent Auction
  • Hooters Bike Wash for MDA

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That means 5 were there. GREAT. I know the MDA folks appreciate the support from those who had wrist bands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts