Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of levers for my 2017 VRSCDX and had Harley install them. They put the clutch straight on no problem but the brake lever just won’t fit.
I’ve called and emailed Oberon and they’re no help at all. They’ve asked for pictures of the original lever and no they’ve stopped replying. It’s been nearly 4 weeks since I first contacted them.
Anyone else had this problem?
I’ll attach a pic of the one they sent me vs what it should look like

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
That looks like the wrong part number. The "350" marking on that makes me think it's the wrong one. You can see below that the DX levers are delineated with B140, several other models (non v-rod) are delineated B350 for the brake side

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were you able to get a new pair and install?

I ordered a pair for my 03 and the brake lever does not fit as well.
I’ve received the new brake lever and getting installed tomorrow. Hopefully it fits. They weren’t much help finding out the problem but they basically sent me the wrong one. Right part number on the box but wrong part. Check the part number is right on the lever and then email and call. Be prepared to make several emails and calls though. They did seem nice once I managed to speak to them on the phone though

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve received the new brake lever and getting installed tomorrow. Hopefully it fits. They weren’t much help finding out the problem but they basically sent me the wrong one. Right part number on the box but wrong part. Check the part number is right on the lever and then email and call. Be prepared to make several emails and calls though. They did seem nice once I managed to speak to them on the phone though
Let me know how the installation goes. My levers fits fine in the housing. My issue is on the brake lever, because the small ear on the lever does not hold the brake light switch/button fully in. It looks to be slightly short and material needs to be added for it to hold fully.

I've read this has been an issue for some and others fit perfectly fine. I would like to see if you end up in the same boat as me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know how the installation goes. My levers fits fine in the housing. My issue is on the brake lever, because the small ear on the lever does not hold the brake light switch/button fully in. It looks to be slightly short and material needs to be added for it to hold fully.

I've read this has been an issue for some and others fit perfectly fine. I would like to see if you end up in the same boat as me.
fitting went according to plan luckily. All good with me. Hope you get yours sorted. I’d ask them for another one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts