Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.oakley.com/products/6667/24876

I currently have a pair of Wiley X Bricks with the gasket and a pair of polarized and transition lenses. I have been thoroughly impressed with them. I use them for both safety glasses at work and on the bike. Naturally, they are a little beat down after 3 years of constant abuse. I've replaced the lenses and gaskets 3 times. I would like to change it up a bit so I was thinking of getting a pair of Oakley Wind Jackets. Anybody own a pair? If so, what do you think of them? Any other recommendations?

http://www.oakley.com/products/6667/24876

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only disadvantage to Oakleys are how easily they scratch. The iridium lenses fair very poorly, I only use them in my car, then place them in their container. The quality of the lenses is very good, but I would choose the basic lenses when riding, as I do when riding my bicycle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a set of Windjackets that I very much like. The set I bought (for less than half the listed price there...sheesh) came with two sets of lenses, the hard case, a head strap, and a gasket.

This may be a mental thing, but the dark set has a slightly odd rose tint (when looked through, anyway...it appears to be the normal Oakley gray from the front) that seems to cut down on glare. They're not polarized, but they work well for daytime riding. And shooting, if that's your thing.

The gasket fits my face well and lets in zero wind. I'm a sweaty guy and my glasses will fog up on me if I'm wearing the gasket and I'm not moving, but it's not terrible.

The clear lenses are great to have, but if you're caught without them at night, the dark lenses aren't so dark that you'd become a hazard if you wore them.

I haven't bothered with the strap. I've done head checks at 50 mph and they haven't budged, but your mileage may vary. I don't know if I'd go much faster than that without the strap though, especially at the price you'll pay for these.

They look good in the typical Oakley way (but they ARE a little large) and the gasket is easily and quickly swapped on and off. Same goes for the lenses.

I'm rough on my glasses, so I'm not sure I'd pay $220 for these since I know I'll be buying a new pair in 8 months or so, but at $100, these were a frigging steal.

**edit**

I just saw your username and location. If you're still active duty, get them from www.usstandardissue.com (though I'm guessing you already knew that ;) ).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts