Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm trying to take my back wheel off, doesn't look like its been off ever and tire is bald but can get the axle out its seized and before i pound it out i would order one and seem to be a discontinued part can't seem to find one thru harley. does anyone know where i can find one

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
hey guys I'm trying to take my back wheel off, doesn't look like its been off ever and tire is bald but can get the axle out its seized and before i pound it out i would order one and seem to be a discontinued part can't seem to find one thru harley. does anyone know where i can find one
Nearly always some for sale on Ebay

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Its Futile to be Brutile -

If you still want a new one have your dealer search HD.net for all the US H-D dealers- lots of times there will be one sitting out there at a dealer in a far distant place you never heard of. Got quite a few needed parts and accessories for my R Model this way. Aerokroil or PB Blaster the heck out of it let it sit for a few days spraying it 2-3 times a day. Heat the bushings when you begin and tap it back & forth. If you get impatient you can mushroom the end of the axle and have to cut the axle end off to get it out. Hope you already did all that. You may need axle bearings and bushings as well. Amazing that's the bikes first rear tire in 15 years ! ( Replace the front too ) Good Luck ! :blahblah: :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought the bike in december knowing it would need new tires. just rolled over 8100km, its my first road bike. rode lots of dirt bikes when i was younger but nothing like this, its awesome can't take the smile off my face already put 1100km on it. bought a set of avon cobra's front was no problem but back not so good.looks like i found one thanks Elgavilan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.