Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new to me used set of Fitzgerald Cutthroat exhaust on my 2009 Muscle. The holes on the pipes for the O2 sensors are capped. Should I remove the caps and connect my sensors to the pipes or just cut or unplug them. I will be installing a PCV also and I'm not sure if the O2 sensors will be required for it to work correctly.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I just installed my new to me used set of Fitzgerald Cutthroat exhaust on my 2009 Muscle. The holes on the pipes for the O2 sensors are capped. Should I remove the caps and connect my sensors to the pipes or just cut or unplug them. I will be installing a PCV also and I'm not sure if the O2 sensors will be required for it to work correctly.
Unless you use elimintators in the plugs you will get constant O2 codes. IIRC The PCV has auto tune capability, so it would be best to use the sensors.
Ron

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to install the sensors but the sensors are bigger than the holes in the exhaust. I went to the FM website and there is an adapter but it changes from 18mm to 12mm. I need it to be opposite. I also read that the O2 sensor won't function correctly because it isn't inside the exhaust far enough. Is this just a myth?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Went to install the sensors but the sensors are bigger than the holes in the exhaust. I went to the FM website and there is an adapter but it changes from 18mm to 12mm. I need it to be opposite. I also read that the O2 sensor won't function correctly because it isn't inside the exhaust far enough. Is this just a myth?
No, not a myth. The reducers from 18-12mm unless all parts shortened will not allow the tip into the stream for good sampling. It can be done. All WB sensors are 18mm. Early NB sensors were 18 as well but late models use the smaller 12mm heated senors.
Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Happy F owner here, went topless with V&H slip ons and power commander from near new. After dyno discovered O2's disconnected, 25K miles later still no issues.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it all installed and I have to say these FM Cut Throats are the baddest sounding pipes I've ever heard in my life. Now my question is how do I know I have a decent tune without getting it dyno'd? I down loaded the V&H 2 into 1 tune since there was no FG tune on the PC website. The bike runs great but the pipes seem a bit hot. Maybe it feels that way because I had heat shields on my stock pipes. There is some minor decal popping but not too bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the German made speed demon exhaust that is very similar to your exhaust look and sound so I agree on it being the baddest!!
I thought it was BS that the PC V stuff claims they have so many maps and really nothing for the Vrod even though they sell a specific Vrod part-it’s not like a universal tuner!!
I never bothered installing it but I did do the O2 sensor deals so I could still have them hooked up. The computer should do some tuning!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you have any issues installing your speed demon? Also did u use 1 or 2 springs? Factory gaskets or the gaskets he supplies? Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts