Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The project bike is a 06 R base (no O2 sensors). I plan to use a 2 into 1 and will use a SERT or Mastertune to adjust the ECM.

I don't plan to race and the tuner is to smooth things out and adjust for the exhaust changes. Only cosmetic engine changes are planned.

Is there any benefit to adding O2 sensors into the exhaust (greener, better fuel economy, smoother running)?:ride:

The ECM part numbers are the same other than A to C from the 06 to 08 parts books.

Yes, I realize that I'd need to wire the puppies in and make the electron path to the ECM, but this isn't a concern.

I understand that the engine should run cleaner, but with all the issues folks seem to have with balancing the O2 sensor input, I'm thinking it will hurt engine smoothness more than help.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Definately go O2 ! I have an '06 & installed the Thundermax. ( I also put on a Trask). Before Tmax & turbo, it took me 3/4 tank of gas to go one way to Bowling Green to race. With mods, first trip was just over 1/2 tank. Next trip just under 1/2 tank. WAY smoother & perfect power across rpm range. You may not have mods planned now, but it will compensate when you make them. 02 & Tmax ONLY way to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts