Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What role ...if any..... does the O2 sensor play in getting new pipes?

I have a call in to V-Mod, but no response yet.

Anyone changed pipes yet on an '08?

TIA

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Slick Willy said:
What role ...if any..... does the O2 sensor play in getting new pipes?

I have a call in to V-Mod, but no response yet.

Anyone changed pipes yet on an '08?

TIA
Well any new pipe you buy will have to have the 02 bungs allready welded into them, or you will have to drill and weld them in yourself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just talked to someone at V-mod...they have no maps.....they "might" in a couple of months.....

He 'thought' the sensors were in the header pipes...

Second call in two days to these guys...the first one was never returned, and whoever I just talked to was more interested in getting off the phone than selling me anything.

·
V-Mod.com
581 Posts
Slick Willy, The 08's being so new, we have not been able to test any yet. I would be hard pressed to tell anyone that the V-Mod will work on the 08 until its been tested. I "believe" it will but I just do not know yet.
The "might" and the "thought" are just that, we will make a MAP as soon as we can, can't set a date, because we do not have one. I'm fairly certain that the o2 bungs are in the header pipes, may be in the center section, just do not know yet.
I checked, and you talked with James, two minutes before you posted this. He didn't think he was short with you and apologizes if you felt that way, he is just stating our policy that was enacted just last night.
So, congratulations on your new ride, and try to be a patient [ I know its hard to do ] Updates and products will follow soon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response!! I eagerly await your test results.

James didnt sound short...just completely uninterested in being on the phone. I think most customers would rather hear " I dont know the answer to that question BUT let me find out for you"....I just kind of got the "I dunno" and it didnt sound very confident...

i sent my pipes to you guys on my last bike...bought my PCIII from you, and a couple other little goodies, end caps, etc..... it all went great, and thats why I called you guys again.

Thanks again for the response....looking forward to you findings!!! Please help me fix my "sewing machine"!!!

·
V-Mod.com
581 Posts
OK, I am excited to get one here. We are getting more calls for 08 stuff every day. I think this is going to be completely different than the previous years.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Hmm. . I wonder if a set of '08 head pipes would be an easy way to do a VRFID on a pre-08 bike. No welding and a good O2 sensor location.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
sburke91 said:
Hmm. . I wonder if a set of '08 head pipes would be an easy way to do a VRFID on a pre-08 bike. No welding and a good O2 sensor location.
Yes, these should work for that but note the bracket (end of arrow in picture) that's been attached to the engine case to keep the rear sensor wire away from the exhaust header.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
sburke91 said:

No it wouldnt, the sensors on the 08 are a narrow band sensor. The sensors that come with the VRFI D are longer than the narrow band sensors on the 08.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
smoothrod said:
No it wouldnt, the sensors on the 08 are a narrow band sensor. The sensors that come with the VRFI D are longer than the narrow band sensors on the 08.
Don't want to start a fight, because I haven't seen this in person yet to confirm yes or no, and you might be right about the sensors HD is using, but based on the several narrow and wide band oxygen sensors that I have, the size difference isn't enough that the WB couldn't be placed in these locations. The problem I see is that these can't be installed and removed with the headers in place.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, on my 08 the sensors are in the header pipes. I contacted Dynojet about a PCIII and they said they have no maps yet but the plan would be to use O2 elimainators thus, loosing the closed loop system. I was not pleased.:barf:

As soon as CFR has the baffled pipe ready and a controller allowing use of the closed loop system is ready my bike will be getting some changes. I'm thinking it will be the SERT once 08 data is released.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts