Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the part number for this.

Parts book shows a breather tube O-Ring for the REAR breather tube (11392K O-Ring/63654-04K Tube & O-Ring - #4 & #13) inserted into the cam cover (that the rubber tube with hose clamp goes onto), but doesn't specify X2 (as the book usually does when there's 2 in the assembly). That's the ONLY O-ring shown on the cam cover page. Picked one up, but it looks way too small to fit the front tube.

Airbox cover page shows the breather hose that goes INSIDE the airbox (20504-05A - Breather tube Front - #17), but not the copper tube and O-Ring that attaches to the bottom of the airbox and inserts into hole the front cam cover (real dumb way of doing this anyway).

Can't find ANYWHERE in the parts book that shows that tube & O-Ring.

Anyone perchance know the P/N for that O-Ring (copper tube on front cam cover breather tube coming out of bottom/front/left side of lower airbox cover)?

I think I mung'd this O-Ring up, as I have oil coming from this area. I pulled and cleaned it all off, re-installed the lower airbox cover, but I wanna get a couple of these O-Rings (as much as I take this sucker apart, be nice to have some spares)...

Regards,

Rick

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Go to a transmission shop and ask for a few of them.Bring the broken o-ring and the bullet.Call and ask before you drive around because some shops are busy and will usually blow you off on a such a trivial part.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interestingly enough - this is on the CYLINDER HEAD page in the parts book (TheMoCo's infallible sense of logic and order strikes again)..

Part #8 is the O-Ring - 11391K

Part #25 is the "Tube Assembly, front breather" - 29601-05K referred to as "the bullet" Rumor has it, that it IS an actual bullet casing - it's made of brass, necked down at the top (though no rear face and primer hole :D ). Looks to be about a .50, or maybe a .440 . Wonder if these are reloads or fresh brass?

Frikkin INSANE!

Ended up having to remove the front breather hose from the airbox, seat the "bullet" and O-Ring (with hose attached) into the cam cover, mount the airbox while pulling the hose into the airbox hole in order to make the O-Ring/Bullet seat correctly and get it to quit blowing oil all over the top of the motor...

GRRRRR....

Rick

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
it's not a bullet.it just looks like a bullet casing.The old style was worse for leasking.That's an old pic you have shown there.I've seen some people JBWeld the bullet in place.
Good thing you got it to stop leaking.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not a bullet.it just looks like a bullet casing.The old style was worse for leasking.That's an old pic you have shown there.I've seen some people JBWeld the bullet in place.
Good thing you got it to stop leaking.
Actually, that pic is out of the 2010 HD Parts Book for VRSC.

I'm assuming the "revised procedure" for installing this would change if one chose to go the "JB Weld" route on this? Or it would still be similar (I'd assume); remove breather hose from airbox, attach to bullet, lower airbox into position while feeding hose through hole in lower airbox.

I take it from your comments, that this has been an ONGOING ISSUE on VRSC's, eh?

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts