Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Rod, CFR Headers, CFR Fueler, Oberon Slave, Chrome Forks, Chrome Sway, Chrome Calipers.
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my V-Rod for about 6 months now .I know know about the solid wheels causing instability on the freeway(felt it myself) and have spent the $1000 called for to fix it, I know about having to learn my code in case I lose my key-fob.( been there, done that) I bought the Siren II alarm, Pocket Pager, ABUS Disk Locks ect. Are there any other surprises being a Harley owner that life has in store for me that any of you enlightened people can warn me about.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had my V-Rod for about 6 months now .I know know about the solid wheels causing instability on the freeway(felt it myself) and have spent the $1000 called for to fix it, I know about having to learn my code in case I lose my key-fob.( been there, done that) I bought the Siren II alarm, Pocket Pager, ABUS Disk Locks ect. Are there any other surprises being a Harley owner that life has in store for me that any of you enlightened people can warn me about.
What did you spend $1000 on to fix the wobble ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
I would think either Gorby Machine to cut slots in the, wheels, new wheels or a used NASA Gyro stabilizer bolted onto the luggage rack ? ! - 👍😎

·
"Vrod King"
910 Posts
1. Respect the speed.
2. Don't drink and ride.
3. Don't ride with "Lolos" (crazy guys).
4. Don't ride Lolo (crazy).
5. Don't ride in the rain. It will stop in a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
2003 V-Rod, CFR Headers, CFR Fueler, Oberon Slave, Chrome Forks, Chrome Sway, Chrome Calipers.
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think either Gorby Machine to cut slots in the, wheels, new wheels or a used NASA Gyro stabilizer bolted onto the luggage rack ? ! - 👍😎
You got it right, new wheels, had them powder coated, bought new bearings. put the on the new tires the dealer supplied the bike with, Im gonna sell the solids there are people out there that want them.I was going to get my wheels cut, then chromed, I tried to get ahold of Gorbys for 2 months they would not respond, I offered to pay extra, I tried 10 times at least,more like 15, called, emailed, wrote letters they refused to respond

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Respect the speed.
2. Don't drink and ride.
3. Don't ride with "Lolos" (crazy guys).
4. Don't ride Lolo (crazy).
5. Don't ride in the rain. It will stop in a few minutes.
The only time I rode in the rain is when it started when I was already on my way home, then spent 2 hours whipping down the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Tropical vs not Tropical - that's Florida yea we get rain for a couple three days once in a while but during the summer it rains for about an hour or two every afternoon then cools down for an evening ride with steam coming off the hot roads as they dry off - big fun only been soaked to the underwear once since hand held cell phone weather and radar really helps avoid the dangerous stuff - every year it seems anymore a biker gets hit by lightning here in Florida - a few years ago the gal riding on the back stopped the bike after the guy riding the bike got knocked out by a bolt - pretty wild stuff. I've been partially hit by lightning working on an airplane - threw me 25 feet knocked me out couldn't speak for 10 minutes not fun so you won't find me riding a M/C if it's cloud to ground lightening. No Sir I take the car with the metal roof - ;)

·
VRSC est -03
2,858 Posts
Are there any other surprises being a Harley owner that life has in store for me that any of you enlightened people can warn me about.
Sometimes I bring a thin wire of steel for locking the helmet to the bike. Gives me peace in mind...

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
One final surprise of owning a Harley is the stigma of riding a V Rod that's unfortunately considered the Red Haired stepchild of the Harley Davidson M/C family by some - it's a real interesting study in human reaction and conditioned responses where select traditional H-D riding guys, even dealers, salesmen shun the bike and will never accept it as a " Real " Harley. Many know how good it actually is and shun it because they know it's better than their overheating vibrating old air head. Then you have the guys that own both V Rod and traditional Harleys and others that respect both, they'll talk to you no problem, with compliments. So you just have to ignore all the 💩heads with an anti V Rod attitude.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts