Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting better mileage in town than on the highway. I went to Iowa over the weekend and was getting only about 90 mpg a tank. Go in the city and I get about 110? Anyone else have this problem.

Maybe my problem is I like to speed on the highway too much?

Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
same here, I get 36-41 in town, but on the highway only 30-33? I guess because we are running more RPM on the highway. now if I go 55-60 I do real good, but who can ride a v-rod at that speed!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Jeff mine gets the best mileage at about 50-65 mph. Above that it drops and below that it drops.

·
X - Kschues
1,327 Posts
Jeff,

Because you are sooo tall you sit on your v-rod like a giant bobble head! :stilpoke: At speeds greater than 55mph the wind resistance that your huge torso creates causes a dip in you gas mileage.

:rofl2: :rofl:

P.S. Give me my tools back!

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kschues said:
Jeff,

Because you are sooo tall you sit on your v-rod like a giant bobble head! :stilpoke: At speeds greater than 55mph the wind resistance that your huge torso creates causes a dip in you gas mileage.

:rofl2: :rofl:

P.S. Give me my tools back!

Kurt I knew you'd chime in here with some smartass comment!!! You want your tools let me know, I'm going to clean my garage when I get home and you can gimme a hollar after you get back.

:moped:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Really Jeff If I remember your like 6'8"? You look big on anything.

·
FireBum
485 Posts
I have the same problem. No matter how easy I am on the throttle my highway milage is usually around 34 when I drive around 80.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am 6'9" and no doubt I'm sure I screw with the gas mileage, but I didn't think it'd be that bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts