Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 night rod special which I got fitted with the force shorties exhaust I’ve had them on for a couple of years now, but the noise is doing my head in (I must be getting old!) how do I go about making it a bit quieter without having to adjust the settings for the power commander.

(Mind you when I put the originals back on so my bike would pass it’s mot it seemed to run fine with the force exhaust settings ) I was told by a harley dealer that if I left my original exhausts on it would damage my engine even although it seemed to be running fine

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'm not sure what the dealer was on about. With the OEM exhaust on you may be running rich, but it seems not so rich that it will foul the plugs or not run correctly. This won't hurt anything but your fuel consumption.

I don't know if you can fit a different baffle. If you like the look this is about the only thing you can do to cut the noise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure if i can get a baffle for this exhaust,any ideas where i would get one..also is it just the case of sticking the baffle inside the exhaust or is there more to it?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts