Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We here so much about cars not looking out for bikes. Today it was the other way around. In the car with the woman out doing some shopping. A bagger pulls right out in front of me! I hit the horn and the brakes at the same time hoping he would get moving before I could stop. 10 more feet and he would have been hurting. I was locked up and sliding. I still don't think he even turned around and looked!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Everybody always blames the cars, but there are plenty of times I see MC riders do some really stupid things.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I almost pulled out in front of a Cadillac as I entered the Blue Ridge Pkwy today.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I almost T Bones a Fire Truck one day, full lights and Sirens going. I turned The Ipod down after that.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
I don't often hear the fire truck until its horns are blasting in the intersection

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
luxlamf said:
I almost T Bones a Fire Truck one day, full lights and Sirens going. I turned The Ipod down after that.
WHAT AN EYE DEE TEN TANGO!!!!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I love to rock, but I don't listen to anything while on my Rod. I'd really like to hear whats going on around me.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
there are stupid people everywhere.... what they drive is irrelevant.

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
I love to rock, but I don't listen to anything while on my Rod. I'd really like to hear whats going on around me.
:them:

LOVE MUSIC (make me go faster ) but I think hearing is a crucial component of riding... And it's proven to hinder balance (equilibrium).

So I keep the cd's for the car or home...

·
Black Beauty
492 Posts
luxlamf said:
That is why it is illegal in CA to have music going into both ears while on your scoot.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
I cant lie and say I've never done something stupid on the bike or just not been paying attention and almost caused a problem. But I just tell myself its ok and its just our way of dishing out what we take.

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Stupidest thing I ever did.

I crossed a double yellow to pass a slow moving Surburban on a straight flat road at 60mph. There was nobody coming in the other direction and I had a clear view, so I though I was cool. Little did I know that there was a small pickup in front of the 'burb about to make a left turn onto an unmarked dirt road.

damn near died that day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts