Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you running NOS on your bike (regardless of maker)... where did you mount your button?

Secondly, this may sound dumb... but I assume with one push of the button the NOS system delivers a 25, 50, 75 "shot" whatever its set up for, meaning you just push the button once, gas and go! OR, do you have to continually hold the button down?

With the accelerator on the right, I was thinking it makes more sense to mount the button the left somewhere?

I dont even know what the button looks like, small game-boy button with a sticky adhesive backing? Seems like it would be best to mount the switch in front of the hydrolic clutch reservoir to activate with your left forefinger?

How did you guys mount your switch?

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
I've always mounted mine in the horn switch

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Cheatin said:
I usually hit the NOS till I hear elves and pass out for a few minutes.
Say it ain't so.

Seriously, I think most mount a power switch to the horn cover and use a WOT switch to trigger the N2O.

·
Registered
385 Posts
On my Buell I install a switch out of site but easily reached while riding it is a single pole double throw switch that is wired into the horn circuit. when you flip the switch to the rear of the bike it makes the stock horn button work the horn but when flipped to the front it makes the horn button activate the NOS system. yes you have to hold the button for as long as you want the NOS to work but I like the control it gives me. I do have a RPM controller in the circuit so it can not come in below 4000 RPM. There are many ways to do it but that is how I chose, hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
On the turbo/nox zx12r I sold Qwkrod, I had the airshifter in the horn button with a master toggle you had to flip to change the mode from horn to shifter. I had the NOS button in the starter which was right under the throttle, of course it had a master switch to change modes too. You could just bump the button for a second or two and feel a surge, but if ya held the NOS button it got "sort" of hard to hold on too-LOL!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A toggle switch for horn or NOS is an excellent idea... okay, where'd you mount this secondary toggle switch? And where can I get such a switch?

I feel confident I can install the BOSS NOS as per instructions, but dont know much about switches and stuff... I may have the local shop install it then. Better to spend a hundred bucks or so and have the pros get it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I got my switchs at Radioshack. They have a pretty good selection available. On the 12 I mounted it on my left "ram Air" dash cover, but the V-Rod doesn't have that. You could fabricate a small tab to mount it on though pretty easy. or even mount it on the airbox cover.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The instructions are self explanatory and have the switch is all wired up. Seriously, you disconnect you horn, hook up the hot to the nitrous lead, hook up the hot from the nitrous harness to the horn (which runs thru the switch) and then hook up the gound to the nitrous and the horn. YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF!!! Wait til you get the instructions and look at it. Then you will see what I am talking about.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Boss Noss system uses the horn button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts