Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 04 vrsca about a month ago. Completely stock, and I want to make it louder, without spending a ton of money. What are my options? Do you have to remap and change air filters for all exhausts out there? Are there any slip ons that require no additional parts or installation as far as the engine goes? I am happy with the way the stock exhaust looks, just not the sound..thanks for any help you can give me!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
you could V-Mod your own exhaust, here's a thread on how to do it...
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11787&highlight=v-mod

or you could go with a "cheatin" style exhaust (similar to force) here's a thread...
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29322

I'm not possitive but I think if you change your exhaust it's best to get some sort of remap with power commander or race tuner etc. etc.

the how to section of the forums is great and also the search tool can find a lot of things your looking for

by the way :welcome:

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
If you change or modify your exhaust, you should also get a fueler or powercommander, or some such device, and a high flow air filter. BTW Welcome to the madness.:angeldev:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Like someone said, welcome to the Forums. I see your from Ashville, we're planning a ride up to the Dragon in August, right in your backyard, maybe you could join us. As far as your exhaust, the sky (or your wallet) is the limit, depending on how loud or performance enhanced you want to go.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
If you're just drilling the ends you shouldn't need to remap at all. Plenty of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I did the Self V mod .. sounds great and so far have not changed any settings, my dealer said unless you change the air filter ofr air box no need to worry.

The bike runs fine no problems and little cost.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
you can drill out end of pipes for starters,sounds much better and no other changes needed...check the how to section....

then,later on you can change the drill holes to Vmod(self modding yourself) for free....at that point you would want to add a hi flow air filter and fuel controller....

I plan to start with drilled stock pipes myself...then continue as i can afford to.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts