Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just checking in. I hope to be a legitimate owner here in a couple of weeks. The deal is done, but the wife says the current bike has to go before I bring in another, so I will be working on selling my '09 Victory Kingpin 8 Ball in the mean time. I have been a member of vehicle forums for a few years and will abide by the noob guidelines, but I will be lurking. I look forward to posting pics of my "new" bike soon and will glean the site for all/most of the questions I have, rather than take up band width by asking trivial questions. Thanks. -Bob

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.S. I did register and pay the annual dues, so I should be getting my avatar and signature up and running once the mods approve me.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
P.S. I did register and pay the annual dues, so I should be getting my avatar and signature up and running once the mods approve me.
Don't forget to ask for your free pop up ads and a PM for the sale on gloves with that !!! :angeldev:

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will hold off on starting a "which oil is the best" thread that seems to be so popular on the sites...:D
Don't forget to ask for your free pop up ads and a PM for the sale on gloves with that !!! :angeldev:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I think I will hold off on starting a "which oil is the best" thread that seems to be so popular on the sites...:D
Welcome, and don't forget "wind wobble: fact or fiction"!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Welcome!

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back when I was running my Marauder and posted heavily on the sites, there were the "oil" wars, the "supercharger" wars, the "who is the best/worst vendor"... usually started by the guys who had zero mods and some did not even have the car they were asking questions about... I am sure with the size of this site, those topics have been done to death. Just one noob question, do I get my avatar and signature after a approval period? Thanks. -Bob
Welcome, and don't forget "wind wobble: fact or fiction"!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Not sure about the Avatar and signature. I joined before the forum changed owners.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Hey Cheesehead - Welcome to 1130cc.com.

To change many aspects of your user settings, click the "USER CP" heading. The Avatar setting (I think it's called "user picture" or similar) is in there.

Do you call yourself CheeseheadBob because you root for the best team to ever play in the NFL, or for some other reason? If it is because of football, don't let Lux give you any crap about his crummy Cowboys.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Back when I was running my Marauder and posted heavily on the sites, there were the "oil" wars, the "supercharger" wars, the "who is the best/worst vendor"... usually started by the guys who had zero mods and some did not even have the car they were asking questions about... I am sure with the size of this site, those topics have been done to death. Just one noob question, do I get my avatar and signature after a approval period? Thanks. -Bob
Oh, so you know Dennis Reinhart too? I don't have a Marauder, but I know him through my Mark VIIIs. That's how I met him on the markviii.org website.
:vrodforu:

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts

Do you call yourself CheeseheadBob because you root for the best team to ever play in the NFL, or for some other reason? If it is because of football, don't let Lux give you any crap about his crummy Cowboys.
The Patriots logo has been compared more to a flying Elvis, never a Cheesehead...

and Welcome!! Even to a Cheesehead! :stilpoke:

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I grew up in Stevens Point, so I consider myself a cheesehead.

To change many aspects of your user settings, click the "USER CP" heading. The Avatar setting (I think it's called "user picture" or similar) is in there.

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not sure which side of the fence you are on regarding Reinhart, but let's just say I would not have let him do so much as tighten the gas cap on my Marauder...
Oh, so you know Dennis Reinhart too? I don't have a Marauder, but I know him through my Mark VIIIs. That's how I met him on the markviii.org website.
:vrodforu:

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Green Bay uses Wal-Mart brand oil...."NOT AN AD FOR WAL-MART OR ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS"

·
Libertarianish...
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I picked up the bike about a month ago and had to start the modding right away. New rubber front and back, and about 1K in shiny bits. I will post some photos soon. I thought my Victory 8 Ball was a unique bike, but I did not get many comments on it. Everywhere I go, people stop and tell me what a beautiful bike the V Rod is. I am most pleased with the choice. More later. Also, is there a minimum number of posts one has to make to have the avatar and other information kick in? Thanks. -Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts