Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you very slightly loosen the brake/clutch line nut to the master cyl's to rotate them slightly (for new bar install) and re-tighten without having to bleed the system ?

i'm only looking to crack them slightly but still tight but enough to rotate and re-tighten.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
can you very slightly loosen the brake/clutch line nut to the master cyl's to rotate them slightly (for new bar install) and re-tighten without having to bleed the system ?

i'm only looking to crack them slightly but still tight but enough to rotate and re-tighten.
I'm guessing you're asking this because you have ABS and are concerned with needing to bleed the system.

Most likely you'll be OK but there's no way to answer this yes or no. If the brakes feel soft after moving the line you'll need to bleed the front brakes.

Since you haven't messed with the ABS module this bleeding operation should work the same as with a model without ABS. The valves in the ABS module will be set to allow the fluid to flow from the MC to the calipers when the system is off and the bike isn't moving. The book mentions needing the Digital Technician to test the system when the ABS module or more than one brake line has been removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts