Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got the Muscle!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new on this site and to harleys as well. I am curious that noises at this low of miles on an 09' vrod muscle I'm thinking something is up??? I went to the dealer and they said it was possibly the dampener inside the fork that is trying to seat? That is will take some time to break in and the noise should go away. They gave me a nightrod as a loaner for an hour while they determined this. Then called me back said it was done and that the noise is just normal breakin. I didnt hear anything any noise on that nightrod at all but, I've heard the forks are different than muscles. I don't know how to explain it but like this take a flat washer and put it inside a aluminum tube with just enough gap around the dia. of the washer. Now wiggle it back and forth you have the same noise that I'm hearing on my bike over small bumps. I'm thinking maybe time to try another dealers opinion?? What do you guys think???

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new on this site and to harleys as well. I am curious that noises at this low of miles on an 09' vrod muscle I'm thinking something is up??? I went to the dealer and they said it was possibly the dampener inside the fork that is trying to seat? That is will take some time to break in and the noise should go away. They gave me a nightrod as a loaner for an hour while they determined this. Then called me back said it was done and that the noise is just normal breakin. I didnt hear anything any noise on that nightrod at all but, I've heard the forks are different than muscles. I don't know how to explain it but like this take a flat washer and put it inside a aluminum tube with just enough gap around the dia. of the washer. Now wiggle it back and forth you have the same noise that I'm hearing on my bike over small bumps. I'm thinking maybe time to try another dealers opinion?? What do you guys think???
I actually have a similar noise as well. I have 3K on mine but it has been there from day 1 with 8 miles on bike.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same here

My 09 does the same thing, it has been in for service 3 times now the first time they tightened the steering head bearings & the noise went away for a couple of weeks then it came back. I think it might be something you just have to deal with???? Hopefully it does not get any worse & become a safety issue.

·
Got the Muscle!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 09 does the same thing, it has been in for service 3 times now the first time they tightened the steering head bearings & the noise went away for a couple of weeks then it came back. I think it might be something you just have to deal with???? Hopefully it does not get any worse & become a safety issue.
Thats what I'm concerned about mostly but alot of you have more miles on yours then mine has. That makes me feel alittle better that the noise has gone the distance but the fact that it has hung around still with those miles on your bikes doesn't make me happy.

Thanks jpr for posting the other threads about this problem! It just sucks cuz before this amount of miles didnt hear anything was just what a new bike should be like then it started doing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts