Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in an earlier post that a dealer put silicone spray in the cush drive assembly to silence the growning sound. Does anyone know how to do this and where to apply spray?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
They have a dry spray that they use in assembly at the factory. The rubber compensator that goes between the pulley and the wheel. Rear wheel alignment typically causes the noise. Take a tape measure and doulble check the alignment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You'll need to pull the rear wheel off. Separate the sprocket from the wheel hub to expose the cush drive block. A simple and cheap fix is to just squirt a bit of liquid soap around, coat the rubber block in the stuff, and put it all back together. Don't forget the spacer between the sprocket and wheel hub. No more groaning ....

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Can I just ask?

I have a nearly new (two weeks, 800 miles) AW here, and there is a faint groaning / squeaking sound from the back (I can only hear it now I have got the heastsheild rattle sorted out, and even then only with the visor up). It doesn't bother me at all, does it need fixing, or can I leave it safely?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts