Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Tab slip ons now and have ran them with and without baffles. Now my stock pipes have the heat sheilds falling off and
I need to replace them. My thoughts are Bub7 or V&H comp maybe Toxic Lux.What would the sound level compared to the Tabs? I picked these pipes because of the ground clearence issues in the turns. I've ground the rad cowling on the bottom and the little triangle factory heat sheild already. I'm just scared of the noise level of the aboved mentioned pipes. Thanks Mike

·
Just Russian
51 Posts
The forum "overall" favorite appears to be the Bub7. Followed by V&H. I've only seen a few words about Toxic pipes. Everything I just said was debatable, but it's what I seem to see.

I personally went with the V&H. She's pretty loud. Check youtube to get a general idea of the sound of the pipes. None of these are my own videos.

V&H:

Bub7:

Toxic Lux:

Pretty sure the Bub7 and V&H will be louder than your TABs, and probably by a noticeable amount. I don't have much any experience with the Toxic Lux.

I've read people complaining of the ground clearance on the V&H competition series. Just an fyi.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Have the V&H 2:1 (17555 for the DX, use '08 exhaust gaskets). Mine came in yesterday ($389 at powersportsuperstore.com versus $789), going out for ceramic coating (blackout) today. This pipe has a baffle, with standard fiberglass packing.

Should be quieter (WAY) than the Widows (which have packing, but no baffle), and deeper than unbaffled pipes. Almost went with the Supertrapp, but they sound kinda thin, tinny & hollow.

Plus the added benefit of the upswept pipe decreases the likelihood I'm ever gonna make sparks fly with this one.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts