Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jon45
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Rodders took my F out for a ride yesterday, about 220 mls had two stops, No issues, No problem starting both times, got home turned off to open garage and it wound'nt start,???Its like having the RUN switch turned off, No Starter motor noise. Fob batt is new,No codes showing. Bike battery 6mths old.

Anyone else had a similar issue,Cheers for any advice:D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hey Rodders took my F out for a ride yesterday, about 220 mls had two stops, No issues, No problem starting both times, got home turned off to open garage and it wound'nt start,???Its like having the RUN switch turned off, No Starter motor noise. Fob batt is new,No codes showing. Bike battery 6mths old.

Anyone else had a similar issue,Cheers for any advice:D
Do you have a switch on your jiffy stand? That keeps the bike from starting when it is down. Or maybe a clutch lever switch. Ign switch .If not those it could be a number of things starting w/ loose grounds, starter relay, fob issue or starter. I am assuming the neutral light is working.

·
Jon45
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a switch on your jiffy stand? That keeps the bike from starting when it is down. Or maybe a clutch lever switch. Ign switch .If not those it could be a number of things starting w/ loose grounds, starter relay, fob issue or starter. I am assuming the neutral light is working.
Thanx for your suggestions, but I dont have any switch's on my stand or clutch and neutral light is all good. I tried my spare fob with a new battery also.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Thanx for your suggestions, but I dont have any switch's on my stand or clutch and neutral light is all good. I tried my spare fob with a new battery also.
Thanks
Only time I've witnessed the exact same thing was on my daughters shadow. It was the run switch. Corroded I guess and it took many cycles of off and on and it magically started. Finding it was just accidental in the parking lot. It was later cleaned up and was fine from then on. Not saying this is your case but try multiple cycles of the switch and see.
Ron

·
Jon45
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Fella's, it's all good,I did a bit of checking and pulled off the right side panel to airbox to chek the fuse block and pulled out the Starter Relay box''4 pin connections'' and checked NO corrosion and reinserted ? And after that tried it and it started,So must of been a dirty connection???
To be safe I''ll order a new one, incase its trying to tell me something.:stilpoke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts