Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys glad to have found this site...im a new VROD owner up here in Maine. I love these bikes!

I just bought an 04 B and it has experienced some of the issues around stumbling off idle and flat spots in the 2500-3000 range.

Took it to the local dealer and had them check to see if it had the appropriate SE flash for the SE 16ga pipes. They said it had the stock flash and that is what is causing the performance issues. then they asked for $220 to fix it...

I have already bought a race fueler just waiting for it to come in.

I have 2 questions: Will I need the SE flash or will the race fueler do the same thing. Will riding the bike lean hurt anything until I get the fueler installed? Sould be in by beginning of next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not familiar with the race tuner I know you can find some info in the forums about it im sure. But you should NOT run a engine that is running lean. If it was rich it would be ok somewhat but, not knowing how lean your bike is running is a cause for trouble. I am running a PCIII on my 07 and I am going to get it dyno tuned just for my piece of mind. Without having the bike tuned you can't tell the Air/ Fuel ratio.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
One or the other. You won't need both. Running it lean can damage the valves, etc.

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks... I guess I will park it till I get that fueler in. I think rain is in the forcast next couple days anyways.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts