Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've ran the diaognostics and in the "C" portion is where I get this no rSP. I think I'm right in thinking it's saying no response, but to or from what??? Any ideas????

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I think you have your key in the wrong position

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
You have the run switch off when trying to get codes. It means no response. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But it says there are

"none" codes in "P" with the key and switch in the same position. So I think from what I read here that once I'm to the point that I'm able to get codes I shouln't have to change switch positions.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Does your bike have a key fob with security? If not the reason you get no response would be because there is nothing to read.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it has the fobs, they don't respond, Put new batteries in them too! Can't even disarm the thing. Nothing seems to wrk.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mtlwrk said:
Yeah it has the fobs, they don't respond, Put new batteries in them too! Can't even disarm the thing. Nothing seems to wrk.
Lift the pillion and write the number down that is on the TSSM and post it here.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Your TSSM is a security module and should have security codes. However thinking about it I thought the security was an S code and the ecm was a P code. What other list do you get?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Have you tried to clear the u1255 code yet?

U1255 Current Missing response-at TSSM 4.32 DTC U1064, U1255

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried to clear it twice, and it does clear, but it comes back when I try to start up and nothing happens.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mtlwrk said:
I tried to clear it twice, and it does clear, but it comes back when I try to start up and nothing happens.
OK, now were getting someplace. So the bike doesn't start and run correct? I thought you were just trying to pull codes and getting no response. Does it start and stall right away, does it not crank at all? I'm guessing your key light is on all the time, right?

Have you checked all the fuses?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Key light stays on, fuel pump comes on, instrument lights and headlight comes on just like normal, but that's all it will do. Start button is dead. It's locked out I'm assuming from the security module. And I can't disarm it.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mtlwrk said:
Key light stays on, fuel pump comes on, instrument lights and headlight comes on just like normal, but that's all it will do. Start button is dead. It's locked out I'm assuming from the security module. And I can't disarm it.
The no response makes it sound like your tssm may not have power. If the alarm were locked out you should get flashing lights and other functions taking place when you move the bike or attempt to start it.

Check the tssm fuse first.

I didn't even look to see what year your bike is but if your tssm is under the pillion then check the wiring as it goes under the seat for damage. Pull the pillion and unplug and plug the tssm back in just to reboot the tssm.

Your code should go away and the key light should go out when you come across the problem but the no response tells me the tssm isn't reporting in to the ecm on the serial data line. Usually a wire, a plug or no power. It could be the tssm itself but check everything else first.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you have a personal code to manual disable the security system? if replacing battery's you will need to reassign the fobs as well....U 1255 means no signal to IM...due to bike not sending signal from ECM to Im during security event might be common. get bike disarmed first and carry on..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well that's part of the problem, can't disarm it, tried that already! Didn't have time to look it over last night but will try to get to it tonight. Hopefully it's nothing major.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
mtlwrk said:
Well that's part of the problem, can't disarm it, tried that already! Didn't have time to look it over last night but will try to get to it tonight. Hopefully it's nothing major.
You can disarm it if you use the manual procedure in the owner's manual. Hopefully you programmed and wrote down your personal code somewhere.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts