Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the twenty or so bikes I've owned the '06 Street Rod is the first to be fuel injected, ECM controlled. A couple of weeks ago I get the beast out to ride to work. Start it up and let it idle while I get my gloves and helmet on. I pop it into 1st and leisurly rode out of the development letting the engine warm up a bit. So far, nothing unusual.

I get onto the back country roads and roll on the throttle. No throttle response at all - pittiful acceleration as if it's running on only one cylinder. I stop and it idles fine and both pipes are hotter than blazes. I do a quick check of every visible wire and tube to make sure they're all connected properly. No problems. I take off again and still no power, so I limp home and drive to work.

That night I check things out much more closely including the plugs which looked great, throttle butterflies, wire connections, etc. Can't find a thing wrong. Also, no engine light on the panel indicating a malfunction. So I take it to the dealer. After a 2 week wait for my appointment they get into it and concluded that the coil wires were loose. This sounds fishy cos I checked all that. I test drove it at the dealership. No difference in my opinion so I made the service manager ride it and he agreed with me. They kept it for another day and finally concluded that the ECM was malfunctioning.

I waited another week for a new one. They installed it and it worked fine. Fortunately, everything was still under warranty. I though this was bizzare for a bike with only 2000 miles on it. Anyone else have a messed up ECM or any other thoughts on the matter? Thanks, Brillo

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine has 20k, and just had a whole lot of engine mods, and never had a problem, now or before, maybe it was a mad module from the factory?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts