Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help, No fire in the rear cylinder. I had just got home from a 2800 mile western tour thru the Canyon Lands of New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and the thru Vegas and back home to SE Oklahoma.
Parked the 2009 V rod Muscle for a couple days then decided to ride it into town. On the way, I started missing and then went to run on front cylinder only. Listed below are things I've already tried while trouble shooting
1. Pulled out plug, left it connected to coil, Grounded plug with wire to ground. No sparky Spark.but bike started and ran on the front cylinder ok. Checked plug, traded out plug, Tried new plug with same results, No Spark
2. Drove the 80 miles to Tusa, Bought two new coils, Installed new coil on Rear cylinder, still no spark but front cylinder runs fine.
3. Did my best to trace wiring, looking for possible breaks, Check plug to coil ok. Checked all Fuses and ECM relay.
Still no spark at rear cylinder. Please offer any suggestions, My next thought is to Change ECM but hate to spend the money and find no spark still. I really don't want to take it in, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
DJ Tanner, 918-629-6551 :notworth:

·
Black Denim F
1,046 Posts
Tanner, send a message about your problem to member/moderator Stever975. The guy is a wizard with these bikes. If anyone can help you he can. Good luck.

·
The Hawk
3,919 Posts
Do you have a tuner on it? If so unplug the tuner and see if it’ll run. Also,any codes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Fire in rear cylinder

Thank you both for the suggestions, I just got back from the Shop (Garage) and have my (apparently faulty) Dynajet Power commander V sitting here beside me. I had decided to try to removed it and plug into the ECM directly to see if it had spark to the rear cylinder. Yes it did !!!
I re-installed Spark plug and Coil, and it fired right off and purred like a happy kitten. Now I have some new questions. Previous owner of this bike before me had installed a Vance Hines 2 into 1 Comp pipe and had eliminated the Oxygen sensors. I bought it off a Trader in Albuquerque, NM w/ 1700 miles on it for $9,500. Never had any problems until this go-around. How will this bike run without the Oxy sensors and no PC V. Can I hurt the motor ? Thanks for the help , DJ Tanner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts