Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
"F the F"
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Com'on guy please no more flipped factory mirrors. We have all spent enough money to afford these incredible machines, at least let's see some better ideas than this.:soapbox: Plus I cannot take it any more. I think I might be sick soon.:banghead:

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i havent seen factory mirrors flipped.. since the stems are way long..

i have however seen Ness mirrors done that way with the short stem and happen to like it..

that being said

its the OWNERS bike.. and he or she may do with it what they want.. as i am sure you do with yours..

·
"F the F"
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See it on the DX's all the time.

Only want to inspire to use other products, and ideas.

·
"F the F"
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When were you in Egypt? I am just down the street from there.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

·
1,738 Posts
I happen to agree with you on flipped mirrors, but then I have bags, a shield, and an engine guard on my bike, so I should keep mum. Whoops, I let it slip.

I do think it looks wierd, and I question the safety aspects of having to look that far down to see behind you. However, I never tried it, so I do not know you can see more than mounted on top.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Is a matter of function much more than style after you do it. It improves your rearward vision about 1000%. Plus if you carefully bend them to take out about 1/2 the bend in the stem they sit nice and tight against the bottom of the switch housing so they don't look like the're hanging out in the middle of nowhere. I don't care for bags, it's a super cruiser, not a bagger, but i don't bust on you for liking them or having them. Did somebody ire you this afternoon and you just looking ot vent or what?

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
The vision is FAR superior with dropped mirrors on the DX. The look is a matter of taste. My wife hates them, but I get a lot of compliments on them. Dropped mirrors give an outstanding slammed profile to the bike, but look like "droopy ears" from the front. Personally, I don't think the big stock mirrors look much better on top, though.

The teardrop Ness mirrors look great, but you can't see squat in them on the DX. I think bar ends make the bike look unbalanced and too wide.

When I find the best of both worlds (looks and visibility), I will make the change.

·
Registered
956 Posts
OOOP, sorry V-Fred, the bag thing was NOT directed at you. Got my wires crossed. Guess that's what I get for not being nice.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Tattsailor, what don't you like about it? Bend 'em up and the hide nicely. Bettr'n flying in the breeze above the bars.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
I like em, had them on my 06 and they looked great. Considering doing that to my DX, since apparently the HD engineers were all born without elbows.

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
wont the hit on the bike when the bars are turned completely? I'd like more rearward vision even if I did have to put mt mirrors upside down. ( get tired of seeing my arms)

·
"A" model citizen
1,615 Posts
sweet contrary to this post I MIGHT TRY THAT

·
Registered
956 Posts
It improves the rear vision soo much you can actually see your own rear fender tip and lanes on each side of you when you get them adjusted right.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts