Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...almost. Just rode home on my brand new 07 DX from the dealer. helluva deal IMO. Now i have an 03 A and the DX. Selling the "A" ASAP- will post later.

the purchase process could have been better- took forever! By the time everything was signed, the dealer was closed. Then, the battery was DEAD. They replaced that (my ride left w/ my car so i needed to ride home) and then i noticed the airbox cover didnt lock down secure and it seems loose. Also, the headlight fairing is off center from the gauges. All of the above was agreed to be repaired w/ warranty.

When i finally was able to ride home (50 miles), it was dark and i only had my super dark sunglasses since i was expecting to ride home w/ daylight. Nothing like riding w/ blinders on w/ your new ride on the cali freeways and then to top it off i had to drive through a coastal marine layer which was the worst i had ever been in- fog and mist- pretty much rain. couldnt see a damn thing.

Now the good part.
i freakin love the bike. The stock power of the DX far out performes my current setup of my A. (It seems to dog out in low gears though). i received a store credit, so i bought a SERT. ordering my CFR w/in a day or two. Once i powder coat my ness forward control extentions and get my CFR tune up completed, i;ll be rocking w/ all the other millions of DX'rs out there!

Anyone want an A??!!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Congrats you lucky bastard!! Well the hell took so long???

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Welcome to the club, the DX club that is. Alot of people really look at this bike. Small children seem to especially love it.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
BRITT76 said:
When i finally was able to ride home (50 miles), it was dark and i only had my super dark sunglasses since i was expecting to ride home w/ daylight. Nothing like riding w/ blinders on w/ your new ride on the cali freeways and then to top it off i had to drive through a coastal marine layer which was the worst i had ever been in- fog and mist- pretty much rain. couldnt see a damn thing.
Congrats on the DX!!!!!! :D

I have been there with getting suprised on riding at night with only shades.... Can be a gnarly experience to say the least. Now I keep a pair of clear goggles tucked under the seat of my DX. Ha, my air guage fits in there nicely too. Love to find the little stash spots :)

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Welcome.... :vrodforu:

I'd be interested in knowing what dealer you dealt with.. I rode in that marine layer yesterday morning. Wasn't fun. Heading up to San Dimas at 8 for Bikefest..

:vrod:

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
myneed4speed said:
did you ever get my old v-mods installed?
No, i couldnt wait to install them; however, i didnt want to buy a PCIII at full price either.

They are still in the box, as well as several other mods that i didnt get installed...

i did an impulse buy on this thing before someone else got it!

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jjordan84 said:
Congrats on the new bike! What dealer did you end up getting it from if you dont mind me asking?
Biggs San Marcos- they were great to work with. They still have a new 07 denim on the floor. they are getting ready to do an accessory package which includes 15" apes and some minor other things i'm told. They have a sale price on it now- $1000 below MSRP w/ $500 store credit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
balius said:
Now I keep a pair of clear goggles tucked under the seat of my DX. Ha, my air guage fits in there nicely too. Love to find the little stash spots :)
Me too!! I can fit my reg/ins, goggles, a powerbar or two in there!

Before I knew about it, I got stuck after sundown and had to borrow a set of clears from a Yamaha V-Star Guy...ugh..never gonna live that one down... :lamer:

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Congrats on the DX.:dance: :dance:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts