Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do most of my work myself, but when it comes to overhead cams, timing them, and shimming I rather not. I am more of a push rod guy. I called a few shop who I have dealt with with my other bikes and asked them to cam and tune my VRSCA. They all don't want to :bash:. So I am seeking a shop familiar with build and servicing Vrods other then a dealer.

I am going to install a new exhaust, PC III, filter before hand, but I am looking on having the SE stage 2 cams installed in the 1130 and tuned.

So if you know a shop near Philly who is reputable, and knows Harley's overhead cam motor please let me know.

BTW I am new, and I didn't see a local or regional section for this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer is hesitant with doing the cam swap because its listed for 08+ only, but I have confirmed they are compatible. Any info would help.

Shops not willing
Larrys hot rods and Harley
Throttle City
Brians HD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you tried Barbs HD? There are also some custom bike shops in South Jersey that may do it. Nick's custom Cycle in Turnersville are pretty good guys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
tunning

I recommend Schaeffers HD outside Reading, They did My turbo Vrod and they race a couple Vrods in the AHRDA call there and ask for Bruce in service they willl make it go

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
JD's Cycle Works in Bethlehem. Dave there put my Stage 2's in and did a great job including the tune.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL at JD cycleworks... First you can call and call and they wont answer or call you back. So I emailed them. I stated I have the cams, new valve cover gaskets, and plugs. And that I am looking for installation (shimming required), and a tune with my PCIII. A day later.... they wrote back with 1500 labor plus shimming and supplies.

Barbs harley, quoted 2.5 hours install, shim pricing, then I will have someone else tune. Price 250-300, then 150 for the tune

1 - 10 of 10 Posts