Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 08's are out and it seems that only the Touring bikes are using the DBW system. How strange is that? No throttle cable drooping below the bars. Talk about a excellent hidden wire bar opportunity now. Controls to the tree, nothing in between.

Maybe next year.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had it on my 99 Vette. Awesome. No delay.:driving:

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
DBW does affect takeoff in my '05 Silv but very very little, you have to be looking for it. To me the system seems better than a cable.....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
DBW is a great feature and I would really like to see it in the vrsc line. Not only do you lose the cables but you would reduce vibration transfered to the handle bars through the cables.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
DBW is quite an amazing system. The computer modules is what determines how fast you're going to rev up the engine when you slam it to the stops. A prime example of top of line DBW is the Air Force. Fighters have been using them for years. The ability for a redundant system is much greater as well. In the space of one cable, you can fit 3 wires. If the cable were to snap, you'd be screwed. If one wire fails, the 2nd wire picks up and away you go.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Hmm, ABS, Brembo's and DBW on the touring bikes. Sounds to me like they are getting the platform ready for a "modern" engine :diablo:

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
mjw930 said:
Hmm, ABS, Brembo's and DBW on the touring bikes. Sounds to me like they are getting the platform ready for a "modern" engine :diablo:
'bout time....

HoldHard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts