Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an '08 VRSCAW with newly custom painted tins and a silver frame, so I wanted to change out the stock black brake and clutch master cylinders for silver ones. Take off the old, mount the new, re-attach the lines and gravity bleed to clear any air. The front brakes are fine, but my clutch is gone! Absolutely no pressure or resistance on applying the clutch lever. I can open up the bleed at the clutch and fluid flows when under gravity and flows faster when the handle is depressed. Close it all up and grab the clutch..nothing! Help! It's got me going crazy!:wazzup:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Got an '08 VRSCAW with newly custom painted tins and a silver frame, so I wanted to change out the stock black brake and clutch master cylinders for silver ones. Take off the old, mount the new, re-attach the lines and gravity bleed to clear any air. The front brakes are fine, but my clutch is gone! Absolutely no pressure or resistance on applying the clutch lever. I can open up the bleed at the clutch and fluid flows when under gravity and flows faster when the handle is depressed. Close it all up and grab the clutch..nothing! Help! It's got me going crazy!:wazzup:
Make sure you keep the master cylinder full because it's real easy to suck air. Make sure you close bleed screw before you bottom out clutch handle. Then release refill and go again... best way is with the bleed kit sold at auto parts stores. they work great and saves all the mess

·
Noel
4,598 Posts
You might also try compressing the slave to force the air UP the line back to the Master Cylinder, assuming there is enough volume in the slave to back force ALL the AIR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts