Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in the process of putting my trask turbo on I decided to get a new slipper clutch for my muscle. Everything installed, runs well no leaks, but wont for the most part wont come out of neutral, and when it does I let out the clutch and the bike will not move. Any ideas?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
clutch actuator...double check it.

Make sure it is not stuck in the out position.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Possibly air in the lines. Push contact button on the slave cylinder all the way in then pump the lever to force air out of the lines.
Also make sure you did not reinstall the bearing/release plate in backward.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bled lines, doesnt look like the bearing ring is in backwords, I will pull it out and check it. What should the side that should be out look like, does either side have any distinguishing marks. Shop manuel doesnt say.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
pm sent

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Did you remove the entire clutch basket when changing the clutch? If so you may have the springloaded ring gear not loaded properly and the basket is not sitting flush like it should. I had this happen once and had the same symptoms.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to take the clutch cover off anyway to drill and tap for oil return line, so I decided to put new clutch in, so I just removed old clutch pack, and bought a new one from harley, changed the springs, and loaded clutch pack back in. Do you think I could have jarred the basket loose when I removed the clutch pack?

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
I had to take the clutch cover off anyway to drill and tap for oil return line, so I decided to put new clutch in, so I just removed old clutch pack, and bought a new one from harley, changed the springs, and loaded clutch pack back in. Do you think I could have jarred the basket loose when I removed the clutch pack?
I know I did when I installed my slipper clutch.

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping I didnt have to take clutch cover off again, that means I have to remove the turbo manifold and exhaust again. But I want to get the situation remedied. So the consensus is the clutch basket?

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
When you look at the ring gear behind the clutch basket you will see that the gear is actually 2 pieces and is spring loaded. If you use a small punch you can put it in the alignment hole to manipulate the rear half of the gear to align with the front half and then slide it back evenly to the drive gear. There is a good pic in the service manual that shows the procedure. Good luck. Also if the manifold is the same as the A/DX Trask model then you should be able to get off the clutch cover without removing the manifold at least that is how I did my A model when I swapped the clutch.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
:them:

Hit the "I believe button" and check it out.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
How is this thing running?

Are you smiling from ear to ear yet?

rod

·
Fat and Fast
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to Rod, and his wealth of knowledge, I am happy to report bike is running great. Today was the first day I really got to take and out, and I am still smiling. I look forward to putting many more miles on it. Thanks everyone for there assistance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks to Rod, and his wealth of knowledge, I am happy to report bike is running great. Today was the first day I really got to take and out, and I am still smiling. I look forward to putting many more miles on it. Thanks everyone for there assistance.
What was the problem?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
reread post one...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts