Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which should i do, turbo is always pushing that boost into my engine, worried about engine damage, with nitrous i can control when it goes in, therefore only when i'm on the freeway next to the ferarri or porsche that i'd use it, think that'd be safer? or would someone suggest something different, of course i will calibrate the boost and pressure and how much nos i would shoot in as to not blow the engine or cause any engine damage, but does anyone agree or disagree? lets hear your opinions!

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
That's a HUGE can of worms to open. There's pros and cons to each. Read up on both and make your own mind up for what you need or want. There's alot to consider.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i think nitrous is the way, i've been reading up, just cause i got smoked the other day by a porsche turbo on the freeway doing 130, then its not always putting strain on my engine, think i got it......thanks guys and that forum link helped, thanks thumbsup

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Either way your top speed is going to be about 145 due to the gearing. Still not going to hang with a turbo Porsche.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cause i've also been thinking, with the small tank and having to refill more than everyone else i ride with, a 6 speed would be nice....

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
J-Rodvrscr said:
so nitrous and a different sprocket? or are you saying the gearing in the tranni?
Overall final output. 5th gear @9K= 135-150, depending on the front sprocket (26,28,30 tooth). A 30 tooth will get you a higher top end, a 26 will get you a better 1/4 mile time.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
J-Rodvrscr said:
cause i've also been thinking, with the small tank and having to refill more than everyone else i ride with, a 6 speed would be nice....
R's don't have the small tank - it's 5 gal. The tank in mine is 3.7 (really 3.3 before I'm pushing it down the road)
Can't get a 6 speed in a V-Rod as of now. Plus the short stroke Revo is a high revving, high performance engine, not a long stroke tractor motor. Below 4K is lugging it IMHO.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1/4 mile time is nice, and really anything over 150mph i shouldnt be on the street, i am talking between 90mph and 130 then anything past that the porsche can go, if he wrecks he is strapped and caged, if i wreck i'm ground meat

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Turbo isnt putting much boost to the motor when cruising down the highway at part throttle

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
think i will try nitrous and see how i like it, in small bursts at wot and if its not what i want i will sell it for cheap cheap cheap in the classifieds here

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
if you are going to get something and not like it and then sell if for cheap cheap cheap, go with the turbo first! First in line to buy it at a cheap cheap cheap price!:angeldev:

·
Registered
17 Posts
J-Rodvrscr said:
ya i think nitrous is the way, i've been reading up, just cause i got smoked the other day by a porsche turbo on the freeway doing 130, then its not always putting strain on my engine, think i got it......thanks guys and that forum link helped, thanks thumbsup
A few days ago I was riding down route 37 outside of Uijeongbu Korea, just cruising at about 80 when a Porche came around me. I was still in 4th so I rolled on the throttle and went around him. By the time I looked in the mirror, he was still trying to catch up. I never shifted from 4th and was still charging like a bat out of hell, when I looked down at the speedo, it indicated 130mph.

I ride a stock 2006 night rod. It never disappoints.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya i hit 130 racing a 911 turbo and then he was gone by the time i hit 5th, i slowed down as soon as i realized there was no holding him, i'm definately happy with my R, it would have just been nice when we were going 90 to hit it and REALLY be gone from him so i can slow down before he has the chance to catch me..

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
J-Rodvrscr said:
ya i hit 130 racing a 911 turbo and then he was gone by the time i hit 5th, i slowed down as soon as i realized there was no holding him, i'm definately happy with my R, it would have just been nice when we were going 90 to hit it and REALLY be gone from him so i can slow down before he has the chance to catch me..
I guarantee you if it was a 2001 and up Porsche Turbo even with you and nitrous if he was in the right gear at 80-90mph he would smoke you bad. Those things are just plain awsome at that speed.

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know it, my brother had one for a bit and at 40mph he could spin doughnuts going down the road.....but the guy in the porsche paid for what he has too...

·
Banned
579 Posts
Do you have to change the pipes when you put on the trask turbo kit?

·
Jared
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i would imagine with any turbo just cause it changes where the exhaust comes out of, not coming off the motor any ore....coming off the turbo....correct me if i'm wrong

1 - 20 of 25 Posts