Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a VRFID and also have a wet NOS system with a 50hp shot. This has been a proven combo. After a dyno run I removed the motor to have the trans gears back cut. I also pinned the mains while I had it apart. It went back together very smooth. Since then the nitrous hasent worked. The bike runs fine on just motor. When the nitrous kicks in it falls flat on its face.
I have tested the system on the lift and it is working. It does seem that it isnt fogging like it should. I have checked jets and lines for obstructions etc. still with no luck. Changed solenoids etc. I figured I would post up and see if there is a member that may be able to suggest something that I may be over looking. Any and all comments appreciated.

·
The Hawk
3,788 Posts
Did you check the wet fuel system? Maybe putting out to much fuel, wrong jet or no jet? Other than that I was thinking it was the nitrous system but sounds like you went through that. Nitrous bottle not upside down is it? Main bottle valve working OK? Waste some nitrous by unhooking the system from the bike and let it blow threw one section of the system at a time till you get to the jets at the end.

Mike

·
Back in Black
2,577 Posts
Hey joe you know a lot more on this tahn me but idea don't you have a seperate pump and do you have a regulator on the fuel
i agree it sounds like too much fuel check the fuel pressure on you nos system (external) maybe the regulator is stuck open pushing too much fuel or the fuelsolenoid is stuck or sticking giving it too much fuel
i know you will get it good luck i know itstinks trying to get it figured out

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya its sucks all right. I have verified fuel pressure. I have blown the system completley out. Same bottles same location etc. A/f data log is showing fine.

·
Back in Black
2,577 Posts
very odd so you verified air/fuel and it is right?
interesting well if air / fuel is right what about spark
i am sure as smart as you are you looked at the plugs for ideas but could one cylinder not be firing unsure how just wishing in the wind here i know most times when we work on stuff we overlook the stupid little things and a 10 year old comes up and flips a switch to get it to work
good luck like i said you are way smarter than me at this

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop insinuating I am so smart. Truth is, I am as dumb as a box of rocks.
Its weird because when I test the system on the lift , it doesn't seem like it is fogging like it should.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Ok afr is good but it seems like it is fogging bad since you have the twintec fuel is adjusted by the unit... therefore if your not fogging right it wouldn't have the same kick since your not getting the same shot maybe therefore not requiring as much fuel therefore not burning the same amount of fuel resulting in a piss poor boost maybe??? I am thinking go with your gut check your foggers maybe one of the orifices got slightly damaged not allowing as much through

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KWIKR said:
Ok afr is good but it seems like it is fogging bad since you have the twintec fuel is adjusted by the unit... therefore if your not fogging right it wouldn't have the same kick since your not getting the same shot maybe therefore not requiring as much fuel therefore not burning the same amount of fuel resulting in a piss poor boost maybe??? I am thinking go with your gut check your foggers maybe one of the orifices got slightly damaged not allowing as much through
Already checked jets/lines etc.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Yes but as small as you are did you check to make sure your dropping the same amount of pressure in your bottle as before???? Soap your lines to your foggers to make sure your not losing your shot some where.... Is the bike still running good and just isn't popping like before or is it bogging down like something is terribly flooded.. Did you recalibrate O2 Sensors on reinstall????

·
The Hawk
3,788 Posts
Might want to install new spark plugs, one step colder with a gap of .20 instead of the stock .35. I have heard of nitrous guys actually blowing out the spark sometimes.

Mike

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soaping the lines, not a bad idea! The bike runs Strong on motor.
It may take some time and work but its worth it in the end. Its for filling to be able to wrench and race! Not like some yuppie types that wanna go fast but have to pay somebody to wrench on there bike for them. Getting in to debt and having possessions repoed isn't what having fun racing means to me.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elgavilan said:
Might want to install new spark plugs, one step colder with a gap of .20 instead of the stock .35. I have heard of nitrous guys actually blowing out the spark sometimes.

Mike
I will give that a try before I hopefully get to the dyno tomorrow.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Soaping the lines, not a bad idea! The bike runs Strong on motor.
It may take some time and work but its worth it in the end. Its for filling to be able to wrench and race! Not like some yuppie types that wanna go fast but have to pay somebody to wrench on there bike for them. Getting in to debt and having possessions repoed isn't what having fun racing means to me.
Joey,
Some NO2 Expert you are:angeldev: !!!That should teach you to respect your elder's:spank: . I was gonna tell ya what your problem was, but it got repossed:moon: !

www.superkazracing.com :nos

Attachments

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Super Kaz said:
Joey,
Some NO2 Expert you are:angeldev: !!!That should teach you to respect your elder's:spank: . I was gonna tell ya what your problem was, but it got repossed:moon: !

www.superkazracing.com :nos
How would you know? You don't even have a set of tools "Showboat"
Tell me something about the VRFID system.:notworth: Must not be enough bottle pressure?
If you wanna respect your elders' ol' man. Give Mike "Blackcat" an apology. This is my FIRST nitrous system. I have only him to thank for the success of achieving 162HP from a 1130cc. Without BLOWING up a perfectly good piece of machinery. I did this, turning every wrench myself with his guidance via phone 600 miles away. Thats team work Buddie. Some thing you know nothing about.
You better get in your truck and start dropping some loads so you can get some money to pay the guys that know there shit about Harley's. To build you something you can make a name for yourself with.:bash:

BTW. Is that picture from your Man boy love assn. Website?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
chrome said:
here we go again..........:popcorn
Joey,
Check your bottle Pressure ,and weight is the only true way to know.You can have 1250lbs of pressure,but be half full of N20 in the tank. Weigh the bottle so you know if it has the same Volume not just pressure. Who do you think rebuilt my LSR V-rod these last couple months? :chair: ME so don't tell me about not doing any of my own work.I havd More hands on Hour's into my Race V-rod's then any other Racer on the Planet!I've been Racing V-rod since it 1st came out"late 2001" ,buying 1 of the 1st in Las Vegas.Do a little home work about me instead of threating me and you might surprise yourself in what you learn:kaz:

www.superkazracing.com

Attachments

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I weigh my bottles when I fill them. Elementary there Watson!
Are you gonna post a picture of your penis next? Because I may wanna end this debate with your short dick now! I will post a cute picture to follow. As to keep with ya KAZ...

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, I borrowed it from a dear friend. He told me on his dying bed that it was mine to use. As long as it was to spank Kaz's ass!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.