Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the new nightrod small metal visor (2012+ available in several colours/Chrome) with a bracket from Altered State. The bracket he supplies is made for old/new nightrod and the visor hits the forks. I put 1/4” of washers behind the bracket and it was Good. The mirrors are Kiwave Medusa, they work ok and look great. A little small and not convex, but aluminum and well made.

Attachments

·
Agave Idiots :)
337 Posts
Well, that's different unique look. Now ya need to paint your gauge cluster black to match :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Although I want a DX, I've always liked the look of the original Night Rod's fairing/visor better because it's rounded.

·
USMC Tanker
457 Posts
I Iike the little clock near the reservoir.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What exhaust are you running? Got it dyno tuned? Is this an 07 or 08?

Tried the new nightrod small metal visor (2012+ available in several colours/Chrome) with a bracket from Altered State. The bracket he supplies is made for old/new nightrod and the visor hits the forks. I put 1/4” of washers behind the bracket and it was Good. The mirrors are Kiwave Medusa, they work ok and look great. A little small and not convex, but aluminum and well made.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The pipes are old rhineheart 2 into 2, supposedly dealer tuned, good for low end torque. I was thinking about replacing them, but they sound pretty fantastic, and I could care less about peak horsepower. It's not often I'm shifting above 8k. Id love an Akriprovik? set with the sport bike style 2-1 can on it though

·
Registered
85 Posts
You sound a lot like me! What tuner does the bike have on it? Any chance it is a power commander? If so is there any chance you could send me the tune file? Im struggling to find a good tune that works with my 2 into 2 pipes.

The pipes are old rhineheart 2 into 2, supposedly dealer tuned, good for low end torque. I was thinking about replacing them, but they sound pretty fantastic, and I could care less about peak horsepower. It's not often I'm shifting above 8k. Id love an Akriprovik? set with the sport bike style 2-1 can on it though

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You sound a lot like me! What tuner does the bike have on it? Any chance it is a power commander? If so is there any chance you could send me the tune file? Im struggling to find a good tune that works with my 2 into 2 pipes.
I don’t have a tuner, the second owner of the bike said it had the pipes on it when he got it and it ran VERY hot. The pipes were scorched blue and yellow at then bends on the cover. He took it to the dealer, and they must’ve flashed the ecm, he said when it came back, it purred like a kitten, ran cooler and felt much faster. I polished the heat marks off the cover and they have not come back at all. I dont really care to fix what isn’t broken and spend $500 to add a tuner and several hours on a Dyno to find out it’s maybe near perfect, lol.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I love the look of that visor on there! Where did you get it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts