Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys 1year ago i installed Quantum fuelpump on my 2008 nightrod special. Bike was working perfectly till yesterday. Most of time i ride in high rpms yesterday i did same i was pushing hard but now i got the issue when i push full thorttle bike start missing and not pushing i press full throttle but bike is not going up to 70km it start missing and some times firing from exhaust. If i push slow then it goes to 80mph perfectly. Even if i push full throttle on 80mph again it start missing. Just now i removed the fuel system unit and all the pipes are in perfect condition no loose pipe i was thinking may be there will be leaking from any pipe. Please tell me what should i do now? Even i parked the bike for 1hr to get it cold but still there was same throttle issue in cold bike. In my thinking if it’s fuelpump issue then bike shouldn’t start when it gets hot but bike perfectly got start when i switched off during ride. So please let me know what should i do. Should i replace fuelpump again or should i replace fuel sending unit coz guage also not working perfectly from last few years

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hey guys 1year ago i installed Quantum fuelpump on my 2008 nightrod special. Bike was working perfectly till yesterday. Most of time i ride in high rpms yesterday i did same i was pushing hard but now i got the issue when i push full thorttle bike start missing and not pushing i press full throttle but bike is not going up to 70km it start missing and some times firing from exhaust. If i push slow then it goes to 80mph perfectly. Even if i push full throttle on 80mph again it start missing. Just now i removed the fuel system unit and all the pipes are in perfect condition no loose pipe i was thinking may be there will be leaking from any pipe. Please tell me what should i do now? Even i parked the bike for 1hr to get it cold but still there was same throttle issue in cold bike. In my thinking if it’s fuelpump issue then bike shouldn’t start when it gets hot but bike perfectly got start when i switched off during ride. So please let me know what should i do. Should i replace fuelpump again or should i replace fuel sending unit coz guage also not working perfectly from last few years
You need to check fuel pressure first so you are not guessing. There is a schrader valve on the side of the fuel rail so you can attach a guage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts