Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I placed the order for my 08 Night Rod Special a couple of weeks ago and the estimated time for delivery is approx June 2008 . So all I can do is wait for the bike and have the benefit of reading daily all the great info posted here by you lucky stiffs that already have your bikes . For me , its the Red sports car deal , I am nearly 50 and deceided that I needed a change from my much loved Honda GL1800 Goldwing , so the Wing is for sale , and I am up for the Rod as soon as it gets here . I have at least test ridden one , and was suitably impressed . I must admit the wife is more shocked than I am , as this will be my first HD . My HD lovin friends say its not a real HD as it is a 60 Deg V engine and it has a radiator . My answer was that a V rod was the only HD that I ever would own , and fell in love with them in 02 and have said since then , if I ever owned a HD it would be a V Rod , now I have seen the Night Rod Special , that was the last factor , made my mind up on the spot , one Wicked lookin Ride.Oh and I like that its a 60 deg V motor , as I have placed an order for my Vanity plates reading
"60Vee":)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You will love it you lucky bastard!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sell the Wing, get a Geezer Glide to ride while you wait. Anyone who says the v-rod isn't a real Harley doesn't know sheep crap from cotton seeds. when your friends see it, you won't need to explain it.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Congrats :dance: Too bad you have to wait so long for delivery.. :banghead: :banghead:

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
if they tell you "its not a real Harley", you tell them they should direct their comments to the 900 families that woek at the HD KC plant and ask them if its not a real Harley

better yet, the day will come (happened to me yesterday) when an"airhead" pulls up to you at a stop light, starts talking about your bike and then makes the mistake about asking what the hp is, I said 115hp (marketing literature) he replied "my road king only has 65" - I could see a tear as he spoke:stilpoke:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry you have to wait so long that sucks! You will love this bike. I have owned 5 Harley's all airheads until this purchase. I was lucky, my dealer had a 2008DX vivid/orange come in for their rental fleet and I just got it before anyone had a chance to rent it!!!! Keep on them, you may get lucky and something will come in before your date. Find out if someone else is ahead of you, that way at least you will know how many may come in, in case the guy in front of you backs out for some reason...

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Worth the wait.

Hi Mate,

I had a similar wait for my 07 DX. It's worth it but made worse reading
the forum...... all the lucky bastards with their cool bikes while you
count the days.

Billj's suggestion of getting a second hand airhead while you wait so you can
start getting "the attitude" is a fine idea. It will really make you appreciate
how different the DX is from the traditional HD.

As far as the "real harley" jibes from your mates. They're just jealous they
don't have a DX. :D

Drew

·
Registered
84 Posts
hell. man just rent one for the weekends. would loan you mine in the winter, but nothern california, has a pretty tame winter.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
You are gonna love it. Its is a great looking bike. The DX is my first and only Harley. I remember checking out all the bikes on the HD website and when I saw the DX I instantly wanted it.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Ordered and paid my deposit in May. Two weeks ago it was arriving on the 26th Sep, didnt turn up now my dealer cant find out of the Aus distributor where it is starting to get pissed with my dealer and MOCO dont know whats going on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It isnt a real Harley?? Well, I have about 2k people in this town that are lusting after mine that will tell youre friends otherwise!

Every time I go into the dealership at least 13 of the workers tries to buy it or tells me to trade it in for a Screaming Eagle....I wouldnt trade my baby in to those lustfull demons!!!!!!!!!

Here is some pics to tide you over while you wait:

·
using the baby revo
1,318 Posts
similar wait for me here, but with just a "d" model, and in the US... i can't be promised a delivery date before march 2008

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi back from OZ. What a great bunch of replies . Seems I am joining a pretty great groop of bikers . The wait is a bugger , but well worth it I am sure . You have given me plenty of Ammo with witch to reply to the , "not the Real HD" gang , not that I gave a Rats Be$ind about their opinion anyway , never did when it came to bikes or , well just bikes .. I chose 60VEE2 as per 60 Deg Vee Twin . Thanks for all your support and comments , cheers 60VEE2

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same here!

60vee2 said:
Hi all , I placed the order for my 08 Night Rod Special a couple of weeks ago and the estimated time for delivery is approx June 2008 . So all I can do is wait for the bike and have the benefit of reading daily all the great info posted here by you lucky stiffs that already have your bikes . For me , its the Red sports car deal , I am nearly 50 and deceided that I needed a change from my much loved Honda GL1800 Goldwing , so the Wing is for sale , and I am up for the Rod as soon as it gets here . I have at least test ridden one , and was suitably impressed . I must admit the wife is more shocked than I am , as this will be my first HD . My HD lovin friends say its not a real HD as it is a 60 Deg V engine and it has a radiator . My answer was that a V rod was the only HD that I ever would own , and fell in love with them in 02 and have said since then , if I ever owned a HD it would be a V Rod , now I have seen the Night Rod Special , that was the last factor , made my mind up on the spot , one Wicked lookin Ride.Oh and I like that its a 60 deg V motor , as I have placed an order for my Vanity plates reading
"60Vee":)
I too only had to wait 9 months. I was told I was the first deposit taken at that particular dealership so I was sure to be first in, however (4) 07 DX's went out the door without my name on any of them, turns out if your a solicitor or a stockbroker you get priority over an unknown pleb:hmm: A call to HD Australia got things happening quite speedily and I got a delivery date and chassis number.

I just got back from Phillip Island the bike was magic except for the occassional decent sized bump in the road.

Anyone who says it's not a real HD is just purely jealous, and probably wouldn't know Jack from Janet.
You'll be happy with the ROD i'm sure!

Happy Roddin'. :jeannie:

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
If they say it's not a real HD, ask them why it's Willie G's favourite bike then?

60Vee2, you're in Brisbane, we should go for a ride when you get it mate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry to read about all this waiting.

I saw my DX being uncrated at the dealership on a Friday. I had a LONG weekend wait............and I thought THAT was unbearable!!

Guess YOU are defining "delayed gratification".......... this site will keep you saliva glands churning till yours arrives.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts