Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of a vrod night rod. basic black. its the least expenseive. had a b a few years ago . now i have a sporty which is great but i miss the vrod. ive been told that its a little higher in seat height and that it has mid controls and hwy pegs. is true?. how do you like the way it handles. is the exhaust still boringly silent. thamks for your help
fred from nashville

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ive had my nightrod for over a year and the only complaints I had was the sound .So I went with a cfr and its louder than hell now it does have mids and highway pegs both very comfortable .It handles great and I am very satisfied with the the bike Although I wish I would have shopped around .there has been some pretty good buys from some of the members .Good luck on you hunt

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You can get great deals on Night Rods. I converted mine to foward controls and I put on a Supertrapp for sound (but not broken eardrums); the bike handles just fine.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
welcome aboard...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome. I like the mid-controls and highway pegs, kind of gives me the best of both worlds. Exhaust is not loud, but I like it that way (I guess I am the odd one out on that). I am 5'8" and I fit comfortably on mine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had mine almost a year, put forward controls on earlier this year. Most people ask why I basically made mine a B model, it's all about $. I got an awesome deal on my D so putting on the FC wasn't hard on the wallet. Yes definitely upgrade the exhaust, I recommend the Rinehart 2:2 but only if converting to forward controls.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Our D is pretty much stock. I like the mids with the highway pegs. No complaints about the stock pipes. With all the "noise sensitive areas" around, that's a good thing. The bike handles great. We spend a lot of time riding double.

·
using the baby revo
1,318 Posts
i'm eyeballing the D because i'm short (5'6") and the other 'Rods i would want to convert to mid controls just to fit onto

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
the D is awesome, i love mine. i don't think the seat height is any taller than a B..correct me if i'm wrong anyone. the R is taller, but the D/A/Bs should all be at 26" i believe. stock '06 D has a better lean angle than the B as well, although that may just be the upswept stock exhaust. looks like for the '07s the lean angle is the same for the A and D. the mid controls cramp me up on a long ride (i'm 6', 34" inseam) so i usually just ride the highway pegs and reach back to shift. i don't mind that cuz i prefer to have both foot peg locations, nice to switch back and forth on long rides to keep the circulation in the legs going.

get it, you'll love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts