Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wanted to show you some products i'm making for all night rod Special models. I've got really good feedback from all my Aussie buyers and wanted to hit the US with this product while our currency low.

Im making SLIM Fender Eliminators for 2007-2011 models and also 2012-2015 Night rod Specials.
Available in Amber/Orange or White LEDs.

$99 USD ($129 AUD) 2012+
$177 USD ($229 AUD) 2007-2011

at current USD to AUD currency rates

Checkout my website for more info and how to buy
www.knightindustries.com.au
:deal:

CUSTOM HD NIGHT ROD SPECIAL V-ROD SLIM FENDER ELIMINATOR L.E.D TURN SIGNAL BLINKER

White or Orange L.E.Ds
(Let me know what color you want when buying)

- Suits Harley Davidson Night Rod Special 2007 - Current
- Australian made with strong ABS black plastic.
- Super bright LED turn signal lights (left & right)
- Super bright number plate light
- Slim and modern design.
- Comes included with number plate bracket
(suits dumped low bikes as well)
- Easy 15 mins to install just connect the wires to original wire loom and screw into place.

Checkout my website for more info and how to buy
www.knightindustries.com.au

·
Registered
28 Posts
Still at the same price? What the price on your Inverted Upside Down Front Mirror Turn Signal Brackets?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fender Eliminator/Mirror Bracket

I'm interested in the fender eliminator kit and the upside down mirror mount. Can you quote a price given current exchange rate? Thanks.

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, current pricing due to popular demand are.

as of this week, all new custom made Knight LED lights are being used in all products. Much brighter.

AUD
$159 AUD for 2012-+
$189 AUD for 2007-2011
inverted mirors $79 AUD

as of today $1 AUD = $0.77 USD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fender Eliminator

Great looking product. Do these act as running lights or are they only on when the turn signal is activated? Please pm cost with amber to 44136 zip in U.S.

Thanks.

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not suitable as daytime running lights as they heat up a bit after a few mins. Postage to usa is $22.80 AUD and takes 3-10 days.

As turn signals they are excellent! These new ones are brighter than anything else i have seen

·
Registered
174 Posts
Couple questions for you:

1. (I'm sure you get this one all the time) Just how bright are these suckers? The pictures look awesomely bright, but side-by-side with the factory markers, how do they compare?

2. Do you use any sort of built-in LED driver circuitry, or are these just resisted to operate at 12V? I ask, because I am considering buying a set, but I would want to use them as rear taillights as well as blinkers, so I would like to try to step down the voltage using a variable supply, which would also prevent them from overheating.

3. What are the provisions for the license plate? Side-mount plates are legal in the US, so I'm thinking about switching to one, which would eliminate the need for the mounting location and plate light. Do you have a design for this?

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good questions. The led cannot step down. Its set to 9-14volt.

They are very bright. Compared to stock they throw a brighter intense light but it covers less area, if that makes sense. As led light does not travel as far as a regualr globe.

The eliminators are 2 piece which
Means that the license plate bracket comes off by removing 2 bolts, built especially for the people running side plates.

I hope this helps you with your descision.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good questions. The led cannot step down. Its set to 9-14volt.

They are very bright. Compared to stock they throw a brighter intense light but it covers less area, if that makes sense. As led light does not travel as far as a regualr globe.

The eliminators are 2 piece which
Means that the license plate bracket comes off by removing 2 bolts, built especially for the people running side plates.

I hope this helps you with your descision.
Thanks for the quick response!

So, if I underdrive these at 5-6V, they just won't light up at all? Maybe I can stuff another row of dim red LEDs somewhere else for tail lights...

Sounds like you've done your homework with the design regarding the license plate - very nice!

Have you ever thought about chemical smoothing? I've seen (but never tried) ABS prints that were smoothed using an acetone vapor bath. Just curious - I haven't seen many companies successfully selling 3D-printed stuff, so I have tons of questions that probably don't belong here in this thread...

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the quick response!

So, if I underdrive these at 5-6V, they just won't light up at all? Maybe I can stuff another row of dim red LEDs somewhere else for tail lights...

Sounds like you've done your homework with the design regarding the license plate - very nice!

Have you ever thought about chemical smoothing? I've seen (but never tried) ABS prints that were smoothed using an acetone vapor bath. Just curious - I haven't seen many companies successfully selling 3D-printed stuff, so I have tons of questions that probably don't belong here in this thread...
Since last night i've been playing around with resistors. a 2.2k resistor will half the intensity of the light, therefor you may be able to wire it up to make it work for you as a 2 stage light.

the vapor smoothing with acetone is not required as these products are not really exposed as such. also the vapor gives mixed results. its easy enough to run the parts down with acetone and get them all shiny if thats what you want. but again, only the led's are showing.

getting back on track. i have the LED strips in white and red also. white is brighter again, and so is red. the amber is a tough color to get bright. but so far im happy with it and so are my buyers.

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clear/Transparent and Smoked option for front LED blinkers and inverted mirrors now available.

$79 AUD for the kit. Comes with all wires heat shrink etc for a clean install.

See www.knightindustries.com.au or PM me direct.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the slim license plate mounting a lot and the LED turn strip. The one thing that i would prefer would be for the LED strip to be black, and blend into the bike. Right now it is white and clearly visible. Is this possible?

·
Site Sponsor
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive had a guy use mask tape over just the leds and spray the rest black. It looked fantastic. Ill try and dig up a photo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts