Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

iam happy that i buyed today my first harley, a 2014 NRS in Vivid Black. But ive been a little bit sad about that there is no KeyFOB and Security System.

I buyed a US Import, iam from Austria :)

Is there any possibility to buy original parts and install it?

Best Greetings from Austria.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i think you can buy a tssm 2 fobs and dealer can do it. sending you a pm because there is another way i think. I can't remmeber if you needed the fob or not. I was thinking no. I do not want to post even though most may know
Can you PM me as well? I am interested to know what's the 2nd way

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, there was never a TSSM inside :)

So i buyed now a used one, with 2 FOBS. But is there any problem for Marrying with my bike then? I read something that u also ned the FOB from the used one.. is this correct?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello guys :)

I install now the new TSSM, but the bike want start.

i already want to do the ECM password reset, but one step contains that the bike will run...

anyone know what to do?

Greetings :)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
yes, but as confirmation it says it starts short and then its cut off :D

so it has to be started :D
Directions must be followed exactly. Very specific pain in the ass procedure. Are you waiting for the light to go out first before attempting to start ? Having a charger hooked up is a must due to all those 10 minute wait times as well.
Ron

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yes, but as confirmation it says it starts short and then its cut off :D

so it has to be started :D
Its only to put the ECM in learning mode. If everything else is ok then it should still crank over and then when you let the button go the important thing is that engine light stays lit and the security light illuminates in 10secs.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Also tried now 4 times ,dont start :(
I'm suspecting the issue might be mechanical in nature for the no start. Run switch ,Start relay, solenoid or even the start button itself. I'm currently out of ideas. Normally it should start and quit right away.
Ron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm suspecting the issue might be mechanical in nature for the no start. Run switch ,Start relay, solenoid or even the start button itself. I'm currently out of ideas. Normally it should start and quit right away.
Ron
but thanks a lot :) when i install the old one, it starts normal.

when i put in the new one, there is just a flashing on indicators and the red key mark. in some seconds there away and just the key is flashing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
maybe i should deactivate the security mode?
i think they dont let me do anything because they dont find the "key" because every time i go to ignition the alarm is going on.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
but thanks a lot :) when i install the old one, it starts normal.

when i put in the new one, there is just a flashing on indicators and the red key mark. in some seconds there away and just the key is flashing.
Just a thought. You have got the correct type of module for your bike. I just noticed in the heading you have a 2014 bike so you have an HSSM and not the earlier TSSM

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Another thing I wonder if maybe the HSSM has to be done with Digital Technician. I know you cannot program the fobs without Digital Technician unlike the early ones.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts