Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be using an 09 Night Rod front end on my Paughco FXR Frame. Does anyone know if there are any other wheels from other Harley models that are set up the same as the VRSC?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What kind of wheels are you looking for? There is a large selection both HD and Aftermarket for the Vrod front ends.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for stock slotted front wheel off of a DX flat black, I was just wondering if other wheels off touring bikes had the same set up as the VRSC front wheel (rotor mounting and spacing between the lowers). Some of the touring models have good looking front wheels, just not looking to have to do a lot of modification to get it to work.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would assume that as long as you are using the proper bearings that the main issue is going to be the spacers and that would probably be trial and error. I do knowthat he brake rotors are not a direct interchange with the other Harley models except possibly the AW spoked wheel roter as it is the only small bolt circle for mounting there is on the them. I do have to put a qualifier in this though and that is the only stuff I have looked at fairly close is a later model with the factory Brembo brakes and not the earleir ones. as far as fitment would be concerned. Since you say you are using an 09 front end it will have t 25mm axle and not the 1" one. So you would need to be looking at new enough wheel packages to use to stay with the metric axle set up. I think Harley changed to the 25mm in 09 for the touring chassis but would swear to it, it may have been 08. I will know a lot more when my neighbor goes to try and put my spare AW laced wheel on the front of his Road Glide. I wouldn't hold my breath though as we have been talking about it for a couple months now while we drinking beer so I am not 100% he really wants to go through with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight, I will more than likely just pick up a stock front wheel, I love the look. There are just so many people getting rid of wheel packages off newer touring bikes that have similar style that I like. So I'll start looking a little harder for those getting rid of there DX front wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts