Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will start out by saying I am not the most technical..

I Received the LED Integrated tail light and it has 6 wires. I know which ones are brake, turn, and running lights. However I am unsure as to exactly what to do with those wires. I assumed it would come in a wiring harness and I would just be able to plug them into the existing on the bike. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damn six wires without a connector or instructions ? Did yiuy get it from harley / Anyway I don't have a muscle wiring diagram but I have my 07 service manual. I know that the taillights (and connectors) changed with the newer style plastic fender and all red lights (US) tail/brake/and turn signals. The yellow turn signals were made red and the connector/s was indeed different when I installed a '13 NRS on my 07 NRS. However I simply found the connector that was needed zip tied back waiting to be used by the ECU/relay/LTTS module under the seat pillow. Harley of course had already installed a connector. Im afraid you will need an 09 wing diagram. I could confuse the situation more if you like and tell you what my 07 wiring is but Id buy a service manual. Maybe someone with an 09 muscle can help with wiring in the short term. However you may need to use an ohm meter to figure out what wires go to what on that LED assembly if its not Harley and not the sam color wires. Thats not that bad tho. If needed id be glad to walk you thru it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
def didnt get it from Harley, more like mad cheap on Ebay lol. Guess that is what I get. Im gonna look up some wiring diagrams then. Im sure its more simple than im making it out to be. I appreciate you helping though brother. Ill let you know how far I get.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey man, I just got done doing the same thing. I'll post the wiring diagrams that I have. My delete only came with 5 wires so your LED set probably won't have the same color codes. The biggest problem I ran into was getting the brake and turn signal colors to differ. Let me know if you figure it out and how, because right now when I hit the brake mine is amber and red because the turn stock turn signals double as brake lights also, could not figure out how to cut the power for that. Good luck brother.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you feel the pain kmaster!!! lol I am at the exact same issue. I installed and at first the signals were not working, did some rewiring and got them to work however they are amber like the issue you are having as well. Im gonna do some more digging and will let you know my man.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey Adri, its a 2012 Night Rod Special. its a LED strip that goes under the rear fender and removes the stock signals. Im pretty close to figuring it out but if you read my most recent response, I am having issues differing the brake light and turn signals once installed. I appreciate the reply anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts