Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everybody -
I've just bought a Night Rod, not the limited, but standard. The exhausts on it look great, but are very quiet. Now I don't want huge noise, but a bit of a bark would help. Someone local mentioned that you can drill 8mm holes around the silencer pipe, but couldn't remember diameter or number of holes. I see on this site that Vrods can have the whole pipe cut out. What's best for me? Can the pipe be drilled out and if so would this be too noisy or would it require re-fuelling with a Power commander? or does anyone know anything about the 8mm hole drilling.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,554 Posts
Without affecting the fuel injection mix you can drill the ends.
A local guy here removed the black end caps, drilled the holes and replaced the ends caps so the holes do not show. It sounds real sweet. (Sorry, he has a DX with the "Hollow Point" mufflers which are different. Just check the pdf in the post below from DTHDOC and you'll be on track)
If you remove the muffler core you will have to get a fuel management device, PC III, Race Fueler, Gil's Box etc. to readjust the injection so it runs correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts