Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for using the Iridiums in the Muscle and am a bit overwhelmed! Lots of reading but I seem to be going in circles with not much info.
Does anyone have any insight to these plugs and the proper Iridium for the Muscle? Good or bad?
Not expecting performance gains and such just looking for options.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel your pain on the NGK debate. The best I can offer is too read all the posts, or until you can't stomach it anymore :barf:, and form your own opinion. I have the NGK's in my 05 A, and they function fine. But I am seriously considering going back to stock while I have the thing apart due to the overwhelming speculation about potential damage to the Delphi ignition. On many bikes I have ridden, you can feel knocking (detonation), and you react as a rider to correct it. I never feel this on my V rod, but people have cited detonation so subtle that you would never feel it, but it could still potentially damage piston crowns over time from hot spots? I'm just tired of wondering when I ride and obsessing over it, so I'm switching back to stock. Good luck on this one.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
DON'T need them engine runs fine without a HOTTER plug. That being said I use NGK plugs in everything. BUT I use the same heat range as OEM. Never a problem with NGK but I would not put a hotter plug in any engine especially an engine with a computer fuel controller. just my opinion. curley

·
Registered
36 Posts
DON'T need them engine runs fine without a HOTTER plug. That being said I use NGK plugs in everything. BUT I use the same heat range as OEM. Never a problem with NGK but I would not put a hotter plug in any engine especially an engine with a computer fuel controller. just my opinion. curley
Got em installed, runs better, no skipping at idle, crisper throttle responce, DCPR8EIX DO IT.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Snake oil. The bike runs fine with the cheapest plugs known to man. A spark is a spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts