Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, luv this site. i`ve got an 03, havnt ridden since the mid 80`s, forgot what i was missing, totally addicted now, wife is too! took the bike to biketoberfest, first time we`ve been there, it was a blast, put over 800 miles on while there. now back home in pa and to cold to ride most of the time. my main hobby is working with aluminum, right now i`m making a billet alum. lugage rack, and a side mount license plate bracket to clean up the back end and get rid of the plastic.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vforme welcome, glad your enjoying the v-rod. Were happy to have you here at the site, feel free to join in with the crowd.

Max

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
vforme,
Next project... a "skull" horn cover.....
JK:D
Welcome!
MIke

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey there scout, already have a flaming skull pattern made up from past tail lite projects, after i finish my two projects that are started that will be the next one, had already given that some thought. toodleloo! Mark.

·
Registered
424 Posts
hey newbie - i'm new to the forum myself. when you say you're hobbie is aluminum, what exactly does that mean? are you a machinist?

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i guess i should have explained better, yes i am an aluminum welder and fabricator building multi million $ units dealing with the natural gas industry, all strictly aluminum. now since i work with alum. at my job, i`ve learned to shape it and form it using basic woodworking tools, router,bandsaw, drillpress and for intricate shaping my rotozip saw. alumium cuts the same as wood, so whatever saws and such you have for wood will work on alum. a bridgeport sure would be nice, but the cost is a big setback for a hobby, plus i enjoy the challenge of shaping something and have it look like it came off a cnc machine using only hand tools. and cant forget about buffing to a chrome like look after all the machining is done. well tried to attach some pics of past projects, but cant figure it out,maybe need to post them in a different forum. need help on this one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh well i see the pic worked, that is a clear flywheel cover, with a billet alum.trim ring with flames toward the inside of the circle, also flames over the front sprocket. i have a feeling should move this discusion to a different forum, just let me know moderators.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It can stay but if you want start a "Hobbies Thread"!;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts