Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hi there gentlemen (and ladies?).

Picked up a 2015 NRS with 1300 miles on it a couple weeks back and have been enjoying it when it hasn't been raining here.

She's definitely fun and I have some plans... first being a damn LED headlight cause that stocker sucks.

From what I've gathered she has a V&H 2-1, looks to be topless, some blacked out covers, seat, passenger backrest, luggage rack and QD windscreen. I took the windscreen off for now but haven't taken any picture of it without yet. Feels like she needs a tune for low rpms and my gas mileage hasn't been stellar but it's nothing terrible.

I look forward to learning from you all! Oh and I'm Ryan and I have pictures on my instagram (created just to post here haha)
@diavolo_vrsc

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ryan welcome to the 1130. Yes the stock headlights do suck. Plenty of threads on here about it. Gas mileage is not one of the strong points but that's not why we bought a VRSC in the first place. Have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I know they aren't crazy good on gas mileage but in general it seems to be running rich and has a slight miss around 2500-3200 rpms. I have no clue how or what was used to tune it and I have read that it takes a decent bit of tuning to get rid of some low rpm stumbles.

Anyways, it definitely doesn't run bad, just need some tuning tweaks. I know everyone has their own tuning preferences but is there a thread that breaks down the pros and cons of each tuner available for the bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts